Sign in to follow this  
southern135

24 hours till KOB

Great Courier Journal article on Ben Rupp today.  Made a 33 on his ACT.  Very impressive.  Also, it states, for the KOB, he plans to wrestle 189 until he gets his weight down later to 171.  Whatever they charge to get in for the KOB, it will be worth it to see Starks, Rupp and Jones in the same weight class!

Also, the article mentioned Wolsifier may be sick and not wrestle tomorrow.  I hope not.  Was looking forward to seeing him wrestle.

yea KOB  was great to bad i didnt get to wrestle i was 284.8 and the weight limit is 285 i told my coachs that i was under weight but they said that i couldnt weigh in becase they thought that i was over so i didnt get to wrestle and i was seeded 4th

yea KOB  was great to bad i didnt get to wrestle i was 284.8 and the weight limit is 285 i told my coachs that i was under weight but they said that i couldnt weigh in becase they thought that i was over so i didnt get to wrestle and i was seeded 4th

I'm not sure I understand that explanation.  Why would you not be able to weigh in just because they thought you were over?

Guest wrestler92

If you had weighed in and were actually over, it would have been forfeits for the opponent in the first round and the first round of wrestle backs.  If you never actually stepped on then it would have been just either reconfigure the bracket or a bye depending on how many heavy's there were.

If you had weighed in and were actually over, it would have been forfeits for the opponent in the first round and the first round of wrestle backs.  If you never actually stepped on then it would have been just either reconfigure the bracket or a bye depending on how many heavy's there were.

I don't think Valley would be concerned about team points for a forfeit versus a bye.  I would think that you could have showed up a little early and checked your weight and if you were over then the coach could just change the name on the weight in sheet.

Most team members arrive with their team on a bus.  I'm not sure why he could not have weighed in and if not make the wieght allow their second Hwt in. 

If your going to change the bracket because he was seeded you may as well add the JV wrestler.

Sounds to me the coach did not have faith in his wrestler.

I kind of agree with Grappler of Old.  They changed 5 brackets before the meet b/c of overweight wrestlers, no shows, etc. what would have one more would have been.  The only thing I don't agree with was no faith in their wrestler.  Be-Bop would have had a third place finish this weekend.  There's no doubt in my mind.  Moose and Bird were better than anyone else there was.  I think the Valley coaches were actually a little mad at him for being overweight in the first place.  I don't know why they were, but I think that was the reason they held him out.  Keep working B-Bop.  You're still going to be the #1 seed in your region and, unless by some fluke you're upset, win the region and go to state.  And honestly, that's what all wrestlers work for all season long.

Guest wrestler92

Once a wrestler steps on the scale they are placed in the tournament, if he doesn't make weight than he is not eligible to wrestle at that class and you can't put in a jv.  you can do it before the official weigh ins and check weight and then put the jv in.  but if he tries it is a forfeit.

I understand that is what the "House Rules" may have been.  I however don't think these are good rules. 

They don't even use these "House Rules" at the state tourney. They allow an alternate in his spot.

Guest wrestler92

No, these aren't house rules.  these are rules for every tournament.  The only way an alternate can get into state is if someone gets hurt the week prior and the coach informs everyone that he isn't going to be there and then they put in the alternate before the weigh ins.  If someone weighs in and they are overweight they are unable to wrestle and the season is over for them.  It usually happens at least once a year that someone weighs in over weight....so all tournaments are this way.  They should have got there early and checked weight and then put the jv in if he didn't make it. 

I've only seen this rule in a couple of tourneys in my time. 

I may be wrong but I do believe the state tourney has finally allowed for the alternate to move into the spot if a contestant is over wieght.

Can someone confirm or deny this for me.  Coaches?????

I have also seen on many occasion where a wrestler did not make weight and he moved up to the next wt. class if their team had an opening.

I have also seen coaches put TBA's in their teams spot because they don't know who will be their.

IMO the rule about weigh in and your entered in ridiculous.  As seen right here Bebob did not get to wrestle because his coaches did not think he would make weight.  And if he would have weighed in and not made it the JV kid would not have gotten to wrestle.  Both of these cases are bad scenarios. 

1.  Nobody wants an open spot (unless they just want the team points, and thats another can of worms)

2.  A wrestler was not able to wrestle after practicing all week. (weather it be the Varsity making wt. or the JV getting in after he does not make wt.)