Sign in to follow this  
NatureBoy

AND THE SPIRIT AWARD GOES TOO ...

Well that's one way of putting :)it but yes I watched it and the kid posturing around  the kid who was laid out seemed to be asking for it but it's wrestling kids get fired up at times ,Still should have stayed in his corner while everyone attended to the downed kid .

IT was  a  strange year some of the clear favorites out and some smack talk coming in ,It's all good if you back it up but hey now is the time the real studs get tested ,Heidorf Duncan Andreoni Frankrone and Cornett Castellano and many others hit nationals If your a Sr and a true stud don't be shy go see how good you really are ,I read somewhere earlier that 138 had 4 national level guys well proove it is all I can say , 

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR IF  KID SAYS HIS COLLEGE COACH does not want him wrestling ,He's a liar if a coach does say it he's an idiot lol 

NHSCA Fargo Flo Nat  All coming up if you think you were robbed or you can back your game up,show up a place or two and prove it otherwise just be a big fish in the lake of KY.Cornett Andreoni and some others I am sure will head out and head hunt while pretenders stay at Home .If it's travel and cash Cen regionals are not to far and you might get a pass to Fargo .It's like American Idol only it's wrestling ,Show up earn a top 3 spot and guess what Your Goin to Fargo the Vegas of the wrestling world .

Shout out to Tyler Frankrone ,Saw his IRON MAN MATCH I WOULD PICK HIM OVER DARMSTADT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK .ALL THE OW TALK WOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED HAD HE SHOWN UP IMO REGARDLESS OF A SUPER DUCK AND EVERYONE AT 138 HE REPPED  MORE FOR THE STATE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE TOURNAMENT LAST YR .

Next yr Cornett will be ow I would guess

Shout Out to real Warriors

Reuschell,Myers ,Fausz,Myers

Former SR All Americans from reg 6

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tiltfor3 said:

If a rule was broken and is correctable, it should be corrected.

I don't think anyone is mad except Danny Upchurch. That also leads me to believe that the Woodford kid was not unconscious. Upchurch knows his stuff and was totally in control while they were tending the injured wrestler. The WC coaching staff, not so much. But, I think they may have been more upset that there wasn't a penalty.

Believe what you want, it doesnt change the facts. The young man from Woodford was 100% unconcscious. I watched it happen. He was bellied out and turned over as easily as if you picked up a dollar bill and flipped it over, when flipped over he was visibly purple in the face, and not moving. After what seemed about 20 seconds or so he started twitching and finally moving his hands under control.

I didnt bring this up to start an argument about refs or what should have happened, nobody wants to be a ref put in that situation. The ONLY way that situation could have been worse for a ref is if it is in the finals. Mr.Shaw himself came over to help the situation and pulled out the rule book several times, referred to the trainer several times as well. I dont know if Mr.Shaw is active on these forums but maybe he could comment if so. The WC coaches were visibly upset because i believe they wanted an illegal hold and penalty points, instead of their wrestler starting down 0-4. But again I was only in the stands. Excellent job and admirable heart by the young man Joey Roberts.

Are you ready ?Are you ready ?

LET'S GET IT ON.

ALL LUCKY HE WAS OK AND I DOUBT ANYONE WANTED TO KEEP A KID FROM COMPETING AT STATE I THINK IT WAS HANDLED WELL JUST SO THE KID CAME TO HIS SENSES AND HAD ALL HIS MOTOR SKILLS AND STUFF AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF .

HE WRESTLED LIKE A BEAST AFTERWARDS PERHAPS HE SHOULD GET CHOKED OUT MORE OFTEN LOL 

I KNOW NOT FUNNY,glad he was OK .

Seems all the I juries came at regionals.although Portman seemed to hurt his ankle .

23 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

If it's travel and cash Cen regionals are not to far and you might get a pass to Fargo .It's like American Idol only it's wrestling ,Show up earn a top 3 spot and guess what Your Goin to Fargo the Vegas of the wrestling world .

Central Regionals has moved from Indianapolis and is in Kalamazoo, MI this year

20 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Tilt, according to your post, Danny "Upchurch knows his stuff" lol,  but the "WC coaching staff, not so much." Please explain your expert opinion. 

Upchurch does know his stuff relative to the rules. The comment regarding the WC coaching staff was pertaining to being in control. To that end, I am sure I would have been just as emotional were it my wrestler I believed to have been choked out illegally. Rules being rules, the WC kid should have been a injury default. It wasn't. One must assume that he was never unconscious. 

After re-reading your post that I commented on, I see what you were saying. And I agree about Upchurch knowing the rules, although I have my own feelings as to his ethics. After wanting to receive an injury default win for his wrestler after an illegal hold was used was ridiculous. He can be upset all he wants, the better and more deserving wrestler prevailed and should have won by DQ. 

I have a long history with Danny dating back to when Woodford, Wayne and Oldham County were in the same district. As previously stated, I thought Upchurch was more in control. I'll not comment on ethics.

Why do you say it was an illegal hold? I did not see it and there were no penalty points awarded. That is why him never losing consciousness is the only logical conclusion.

Normally you wouldn't see coaches react in such a manner unless they are protecting a kid. I can't tell you if he was unconscious or not, I'm not a doctor. I can only assume that no penalty points were awarded because the referee was in over his head and had no clue how to handle the situation. He may not have seen the choke, but the evidence was obvious. What would happen if a ref didn't see a kid bite the other kid, but was shown the teeth marks during a break in the action? 

3 hours ago, Nike Man said:

What would happen if a ref didn't see a kid bite the other kid, but was shown the teeth marks during a break in the action? 

I know for sure of one ref in Indiana that DQs him on the spot. I've seen others let it go and write it off as an unfortunate result of a cross face against the mouth.