Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Tates Creek Invitational

1 hour ago, coachteater said:

out, but so were others. Im sure wrestling at gmvwa was a grind. Taking 2nd there is probably harder then winning almost any tournament here

Agreed that GMVWA is/was a grind, but "taking 2nd there is probably harder than winning almost any tournament here" doesn't speak too well of what you believe KY wrestling has become. I thought the GMVWA overall was rather average this year, compared to years past. Not saying that Brown's weight class wasn't tough, I'm sure it was. Just saying that there are a quite a few KY teams that could have gone up there and won it this year, in my opinion. But back to my original question, why no Z. Brown?

12 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Agreed that GMVWA is/was a grind, but "taking 2nd there is probably harder than winning almost any tournament here" doesn't speak too well of what you believe KY wrestling has become. I thought the GMVWA overall was rather average this year, compared to years past. Not saying that Brown's weight class wasn't tough, I'm sure it was. Just saying that there are a quite a few KY teams that could have gone up there and won it this year, in my opinion. But back to my original question, why no Z. Brown?

No Ky team would have went up there and won that tournament.  GMVWA is a very tough  57 team tournament. Tougher than any regular season tournament in ky without a doubt.

I am gonna be blunt here for a second yes our ky boys are studs but graham is basically a mini college team and to beat their kids in the finals not saying its impossible but it would be very tough

1 hour ago, Usawresstling said:

I am gonna be blunt here for a second yes our ky boys are studs but graham is basically a mini college team and to beat their kids in the finals not saying its impossible but it would be very tough

I really really hope you don't teach that mindset to your kids. Graham kids are no different than kids from the least competitive team in KY. They're just kids from a different school. It comes down to who has worked the hardest, not who wears the fanciest singlet. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 385 said:

I really really hope you don't teach that mindset to your kids. Graham kids are no different than kids from the least competitive team in KY. They're just kids from a different school. It comes down to who has worked the hardest, not who wears the fanciest singlet. 

Im not saying it can't be done I know we have kids that can beat the graham boys but its no easy task i didnt mean it that way at all and i agree it is up tto who works the hardest not the singlet