Sign in to follow this  
B10grapple

Championship Predictions for each class

106- Saul Ervin vs. Adam Bender (Ervin has great set ups which lead to solid takedowns)

113-Tucker Hurst vs. Jorge Vega (As long as he doesn't gas Vega is faster than Hurst)

120-Bryce Sheffer vs. Zane Brown ( Brown is good, Sheffer is great)

126-Logan Erdman vs. Bobby Poynter (Triple OT last year in the semis, similar match same result)

132-Keegan Duncan vs. AJ Bindner (No one remembers the other matches just the one that counts at the end)

138-Angel Vazquez vs. Brady Emerson ( Gets his movement and takedowns going and wins a high scoring match)

145-Hudson Heidorf vs. Leland Phelps ( Rematch of regional final, Heidorg to much for Phelps)

152-Ben Barton vs. Jon Belk ( Little bit of an upset here)

160- Max Emerson vs.Nathan Haddad (Hits a big move and gets the fall down a few points)

170-Alex McIntosh vs. Sam Griffith (Takes advantage of the opportunity it a wide open weight)

182-Tyler Frankrone vs. Mikey Smith (Smith wins the last match of their rivalry, triple overtime)

195-Elijah Miller vs. Kohl Dodd (Dodd with easier path to the finals but luck runs out there)

220-Austin Myers vs. Ahmad Hamedian (Good luck in college ATM)

285-Landon Young vs. Luke Shaffer Big guys, impossible to predict)

Most exciting finals matches

113- Two past state champs wrestling each other

126- Rematch of a great semifinal last year, haven't seen each other since

132- Have you seen the other times they have wrestled this year?

138- Deep weight the top two will have earned their spot in the final

182- Great rivalry over the past two years. Both have some battles of their way to the finals but hope its them in the end

106- Saul Ervin vs. Adam Bender (Ervin has great set ups which lead to solid takedowns)

113-Tucker Hurst vs. Jorge Vega (As long as he doesn't gas Vega is faster than Hurst)

120-Bryce Sheffer vs. Zane Brown ( Brown is good, Sheffer is great)

126-Logan Erdman vs. Bobby Poynter (Triple OT last year in the semis, similar match same result)

132-Keegan Duncan vs. AJ Bindner (No one remembers the other matches just the one that counts at the end)

138-Angel Vazquez vs. Brady Emerson ( Gets his movement and takedowns going and wins a high scoring match)

145-Hudson Heidorf vs. Leland Phelps ( Rematch of regional final, Heidorg to much for Phelps)

152-Ben Barton vs. Jon Belk ( Little bit of an upset here)

160- Max Emerson vs.Nathan Haddad (Hits a big move and gets the fall down a few points)

170-Alex McIntosh vs. Sam Griffith (Takes advantage of the opportunity it a wide open weight)

182-Tyler Frankrone vs. Mikey Smith (Smith wins the last match of their rivalry, triple overtime)

195-Elijah Miller vs. Kohl Dodd (Dodd with easier path to the finals but luck runs out there)

220-Austin Myers vs. Ahmad Hamedian (Good luck in college ATM)

285-Landon Young vs. Luke Shaffer Big guys, impossible to predict)

Most exciting finals matches

113- Two past state champs wrestling each other

126- Rematch of a great semifinal last year, haven't seen each other since

132- Have you seen the other times they have wrestled this year?

138- Deep weight the top two will have earned their spot in the final

182- Great rivalry over the past two years. Both have some battles of their way to the finals but hope its them in the end

My locks are

Myers,  no one close.

Frankrone,  Smith in their last 3 matches has not been close to scoring a take down.

Saul,  same as Myers

Heidorf,  he is just better than the rest.  Even when he wrestles poorly.

Next these are not locks but I'm very confident

Sheffer

Barton,  just out works every one else.

Duncan,  I know the matches with AJ were close, but at no time did Duncan look like he might lose.   Even in the ot match.

most of the other weights have at least 2 guys that I think can win.

My locks are

Myers,  no one close.

Frankrone,  Smith in their last 3 matches has not been close to scoring a take down.

Saul,  same as Myers

Heidorf,  he is just better than the rest.  Even when he wrestles poorly.

Next these are not locks but I'm very confident

Sheffer

Barton,  just out works every one else.

Duncan,  I know the matches with AJ were close, but at no time did Duncan look like he might lose.   Even in the ot match.

Not sure if thats the case, he was taken down to only funk roll out in overtime. He scored with 2 seconds to go in triple ot. Will no doubt be the best final. The only one who is remembered is who wins when all the chips are on the table.

most of the other weights have at least 2 guys that I think can win.

Louwrestlingfan i don't know which matches you watched to say Duncan was never in doubt but lets take a look.First match aj was winning going into 3rd period and cut him to tie the score,so i would say that match was in doubt.Match number 2 was a 2pt match and at one point the ref awarded aj 2pts then reversed the call.so i think that is pretty much in doubt. And match number 3 is the one that really has me stumped as to what you were watching because in the first ot,and i was sitting in the dtands with another team not fc and they all screamed twoooo and even the ref went to raise his hand because it was that close.My hat goes off to Duncan for finding a way to win but by saying he was never in doubt is funny and disrespectful to the effort that Aj gave.

Nobody thinks Ackley 152 will take it home?? or even end up in the finals? I would def say that A.J will be in the finals and probably will win.  Hes wrestled Duncan multiple times this year and  Binder keeps gaining. . .well c tho .  O boy from Bullitt Central at 170 might end up upsetting a lotta those favorites, along with their Heavy weight.

Sign in to follow this