Sign in to follow this  
rjs4470

Woodland Wildcat Super Duals Final Results

A long, but solid day of wrestling at Woodland Middle School.  All dual matches in the Championship and Consolation Pools were very competitive and there were numerous matchups of top ranked kids in the state.  Congrats to the Ryle Raiders pulling out the championship over North Oldham in the finals which came down to the last match which ended with Noah Duke winning over Marshall Royce 1-0.  Twenhofel finished 3rd.  In the consolation pool Walton defeated both Woodland and Harrison county in duals that came down to the last couple matches.

Thanks to all teams for their patience, as the competitive matches caused us to run a little longer than expected (as well as a finicky wireless connection).  Great wrestlers, coaches and fans made this our best tournament ever and I had a blast running it.  Also thanks to the Woodland parents (for pitching in on the hospitality room)  and other volunteers from other teams that ran tables.  Special thanks to Coach Eschen from Walton for scrambling to secure officials, and my assistant coach John Lutes who took care of my team while I was managing trackwrestling.

On another note, Brenden Pye from Woodland became the first Woodland Wrestler to win 100 matches in his middle school career.

Final results are attached

Wildcat Super Duals Final Results.docx

Coach Rick Seeney and his team did a great job hosting this tournament. The competition was good and the final dual was worth the money.

Coach Rick Seeney and his team did a great job hosting this tournament. The competition was good and the final dual was worth the money.

Thanks for having us Rick.  Good competition and strong officiating are strong keys to any good tourney.  You had both.

Great job!!

Jon