Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings Week 4 (12/31)

You had to wait a couple extra days, but that was because I was waiting for CCI. So with that tournament out of the way I can work on trying to decipher how the results effect the rankings. Be prepared to shout your rage over some of the decisions I had to make. I was mostly working off of CCI so if a dual results slipped past me let me know. Also sidenote, I get to go see the Southern Scuffle starting tomorrow which is always a great tournament

1. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County (1)

2. Kaleb Hammons, Caldwell County (2)

3. Ray Hamilton, Paducah Tilghman (113)

4. Billy Pride, Union County (3)

5. James McDow, Hopkinsville (4)

6. Ishmael Griffie, Christian County (UR)

Dropped Out- Aguier, Trigg County; Dickerson, Calloway

Hamilton cuts down and has a decent showing at CCI. Griffie picks up a win over McDow but McDow gets revenge in the the rematch that same day. Also of note I have a theory that Union will be dropping weights soon so look out

1. Saul Ervin, Union County (1)

2. Luis Regaldo, Fort Campbell (2)

3. Daniel Knight, Christian County (4)

4. Dakota Himes, Ohio County (3)

5. Austin Zeppes, Calloway County (5)

6. Dale Robertson, Hopkinsville (UR)

Dropping Out- None

Knight beat the wrestler who beat Himes so I will bump him up for now. Regaldo had an impressive tournament, but nothing I didn't expect from him.

1. Micah Ervin, Union County (3)

2. Alex Curl, Fort Campbell (5)

3. Devontae Turner, Trigg County (1)

4. Froilan Agulto, Christian County (2)

5. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown (4)

6. Jacob Bellah, Calloway County (126)

Dropping Out- None

A lot of changes at this weight, Curl utterly floored me with his performance at CCI and if he had won his final's match I might've put him at first. Turner didn't lost to Curl but since the two have no matches together I have to go off common opponents so Curl's minor decision > Turner's major decision. Since I don't feel comfortable moving Curl all the way to first after just one tournament I kept him behind Micah Ervin.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County (1)

2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County (2)

3. Daniel Dyess, UHA (3)

4. Camerin Cole, Christian County (4)

5. Zach McCoy, Ohio County (5)

6. John Eggers, Fort Campbell (UR)

Dropping out- None

Dyess reaffirmed his lead over Cole while Kline dominated the field. Moving Bellah down to 120 gave me a bit of a hole at 6th and I settled on Eggers, I'd be willing to listen to alternatives.

1. Chance Collins, UHA (1)

2. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County (2)

3. Rylan Ervin, Union County (3)

4. Colin Stevens, Trigg County (UR)

5. Kestin McClain, McCracken County (5)
6. Gideon Ellison, Fort Campbell (UR)

Dropping Out- none

Collins looked good, Ruttman might be cutting down to 126.

1. BJ Miller, Ohio County (1)

2. Derek Miller, Paducah Tilghman (2)

3. Chance Oxford, Union County (3)

4. Dalton Putty, UHA (5)

5. Diion Leavell, Christian County (4)

6. Jack Haynes, Calloway County (6)

Dropped Out- 

Miller gets a second win over Miller... BJ over Derek. Putty picks up a win over Leavell who struggled a bit at CCI.

1. Kobe Perry, Christian County (1)

2. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell (2)

3. Tim Pike, Union County (3)

4. Logan Thomas, Calloway County (4)

5. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County (152)

6. Braden Sperry, Caldwell County (5)

Dropping Out- none

Perry secures his lead over Ryder with a pin and Cunningham drops from 152.

1. Jackson Oxford, Union County (1)

2. Dylan Gray, Caldwell County (2)

3. Nicholas Walls, Calloway County (3)

4. Ivan Lawson, Hoptown (4)

5. Josh McCoy, Ohio County (6)

6. Christian Barefield, UHA (UR)

Dropping Out- none

None of the big name guys were at CCI outside of Lawson so no real changes this week.

1. Nate Williams, Hoptown (1)
2. Kenneth Sells, Christian County (2)

3. Mario Perez, Calloway County (3)

4. Will Crabtree, UHA (170)

5. Alex Hideg, McCracken County (4)

6. Jaishon Faishon, Trigg County (170)

Dropping Out- Hedrick, Union; Riley, Caldwell

Sells wrestled Williams tough but was unable to pick up the upset. Crabtree cuts down to 160 and picks up a win over Hideg. Perez might be dropping to 152

1. Avery Buckman, Union County (2)

2. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (1)

3. Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown (3)

4. Keyven Sells, Christian County (4)

5. David Woods, Calloway County (UR)

6. Seth Estes, McCracken County (UR)

Dropping Out- None

Here is where I had to make a tough call. I don't think Lawson has the credentials warranting moving up to 1 or 2 while Haywood's loss means he shouldn't be #1 so I did a famous ranker's cop out of just dropping the #1 guy.

1. Xavier Pate, Christian County (1)

2. Kane Morris, Union County (2)

3. Conner Keenan, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Tige Littlefield. Caldwell County (4)

5. Gage Parker, Ohio County (5)
6. Katayvon Anthony, Hoptown (UR)

Dropping Out- Burkeen, Calloway

Keenan looked good but didn't do enough to hop over Morris, other then that everyone seems to be performing where I would expect.

1. Cole Sherman, Union County (1)

2. Phil Bradley, UHA (4)

3. Eugene Butler, Hoptown (2)

4. Cody Jackson, Calloway County (3)

5. Dylan Marlow, Ohio County (UR)

6. Anthony Adkinson, Fort Campbell (5)

Dropping Out- Bohn, Trigg

Bradley had a very good CCI where Butler didn't so I bump Bradley all the way up to second. Marlow appears at this weight and picks up a win over Adkinson.

1. Conner Sherman, Union County (1)

2. Zach Farris, Ohio County (2)

3. Colby Culver, Calloway County (3)

4. Chance Orr, Paducah Tilghman (4)

5. Ben McGregor, Caldwell County (5)

6. Michael Bruce, Hopkinsville (UR)

Dropping Out- Gross, McCracken

Nothing really to report, only Orr and Farris were at CCI

1. Raynel Brown, Union County (1)

2. Luke Shaffer, Ohio County (2)

3. Andrew Lee, McCracken County (3)

4. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell (4)

5. Wyatt Thomas, Hopkinsville (UR)

6. Maurice Catlett, Trigg County (5)

Dropping Out- Ray, Christian

Nikolao wrestles a close one against Shaffer but couldn't pick up the win, the top four are all close. Lee and Catlett didn't wrestle at CCI which is troubling. Thomas picks up a win over Ray

Team

1. Union County (50)

1 million dollars that Union will be here next week as well

2(t). Christian County (19)

Christian and Ohio slip into a tie but I slightly favor Christian County, both teams have a lot of kids performing as expected but not a lot of shocking jumps this week

2.(t). Ohio County (19)

See Christian County

4. Fort Campbell (16.5)

Curl's performance is huge, if a couple other wrestlers perform like that then Fort Campbell could move back up to 2nd.

5(t). Calloway County (13)

Calloway and Hoptown are tied right now, Calloway is favored because if the possible weight cuts I've noticed do occur then I think they slip just ahead of Hoptown. Hoptown had a good CCI, bigger Lawson being one of the main forces behind that. UHA has gotten all of their small batch of wrestlers into the rankings, UHA has always been the sort of program that if they actually got kids in the room they would be a very tough program. Trigg and Caldwell have some very tough kids but the rest of the program needs to step up. Paducah's issue is similar to UHA's, and McCracken just needs some more development 

5(t). Hoptown (13)

7. UHA (12.5)

8. Trigg County (8.5)

9. Caldwell County (8)

10. Paducah Tilghman (6)

11. McCracken County (3.5)

I think 126 will be kline's to lose with Ervin Ruttman Dyess and Cole all having legitimate chances of meeting Kline in the finals

I made the trip out to Christian County high school yesterday and I have to say it was a tough tourney but there has been much more difficult tourneys at CCI in recent years. Looking through the rankings I have to agree Curl's performance was impressive. Speaking with one of the Ft Campbell coaches I found out he is only in 8th grade. I am not sure how much longer they will get to have him but he is a very talented young wrestler. There are a few re-matches I would like to see. Now your 170 ranking, I have to disagree. Haywood was man handled by Sells and there was no question he is not the more dominate wrestler. I guess that question will be answered again at regions. I inderstand you are a Ft Campbell alumi but do let that cloud your true judgement. I definitely want to see Shaffer and Nikolao again. I also believe with a few more weeks the Sells at 160 will overcome Williams. Sells just had surgery a couple weeks ago so the question is what will Sells at 100% look like. Enjoy your New Year'Day at the Southern Scuffle.

I made the trip out to Christian County high school yesterday and I have to say it was a tough tourney but there has been much more difficult tourneys at CCI in recent years. Looking through the rankings I have to agree Curl's performance was impressive. Speaking with one of the Ft Campbell coaches I found out he is only in 8th grade. I am not sure how much longer they will get to have him but he is a very talented young wrestler. There are a few re-matches I would like to see. Now your 170 ranking, I have to disagree. Haywood was man handled by Sells and there was no question he is not the more dominate wrestler. I guess that question will be answered again at regions. I inderstand you are a Ft Campbell alumi but do let that cloud your true judgement. I definitely want to see Shaffer and Nikolao again. I also believe with a few more weeks the Sells at 160 will overcome Williams. Sells just had surgery a couple weeks ago so the question is what will Sells at 100% look like. Enjoy your New Year'Day at the Southern Scuffle.

I fully understand your issues at 170, how to rank it is something that has bothered me the second I heard Sells beat Haywood. I assure you out of all Fort Campbell wrestlers I have a very negative opinion towards Haywood the reasons why won't be shared on a public site but I will discuss why I didn't drop him.

Up until his loss to Sell he has looked very good and had made the round of 12 last year. The loss to Sells makes things very tough. Lawson has looked very good as of late but not enough to bump him over Buckman, and similarly Haywood has looked too good to drop to 3rd. Also, Haywood has been wrestling very sick which has hurt him. But I refuse to make that the main excuse

I fully expect Union's guys to be making the drop in weight class soon. Indiana doesn't honor the 2 pound allowance after Christmas like KY does, that is why they didn't make the drop at Mater Dei. They wait until the new year for the 2 pounds. There are 5 or 6 guys making the drop, I know Buckman has been wrestling 170 even though he is way lighter than that. And Saul just won a stacked 113 weight class at the Holiday Classic, but will be at 106 very soon. 

So Calloway owns that four spot after today am I right ?

My rankings are tournament rankings not dual rankings, we will see after I do the math next week

Bellah had a win over Turner from Trigg

Walls had a win over Rider from Ft. Campbell

Sign in to follow this