Sign in to follow this  
supernat

Bearcat Brawl

Landon Young of Lafayette ranked #1 heavyweight vs Hayden Vinegar of Manual ranked #2 -  very exciting match...

Both were undefeated on the day going into their last match of the day.

Went to triple overtime with Landon Young winning on an escape with about 10 seconds left...  It was probably the best match of the day I saw.. but I didn't see them all.

Vinegar got the only take down of the match but Young got some escapes to tie it up.. went to overtime at 2-2 or 3-3, I am not positive.

Both were very big and strong....a lot of power in that match.  I don't see any way 6 foot 7 Landon Young could drop down in weights, Vinegar looked to be under 240 so not sure about him.  

Could be a preview of state championship in February.

Fern Creek looked very strong.. no one was close to beating them.  I think they beat Henry Clay in championships by at least 25 points.

Yes Fern Creek took a big step forward this week,after starting a little slow last week.They are still missing Branch, and Vega needs to get his Cardio up after missing some time due to injury.But all in all big step forward. Some great matches were Vega vs Moore,Vega winning in a close one 3-1. Thought it might go to OT then Moore would of had the edge .IMO.113 is shapeing up to be a good battle between Vega,Hurst,Moore and Wells and a couple others .138 was a good one with Henehan winning over Smith,  I think the margin was 6 but was a lot closer than that,Smith over Wiley in a close one.138 looks to be a very evenly matched group.From what I have seen over the last 2 weeks(but still very early) Duncan and Aj are going to be Affirmed vs Alydar at 132,Just hope Aj desides he wants to be Affirmed,LOL.106 someone will have to make major strides to beat Evrin,120 the same major strides to beat Sheffer,126 someone will have to step it up to beat Erdman and I don't see it happening.145 their chasing Heidorf (still think Branch can be a contender but it takes time off a long lay off). After 145  I haven't paid much attention

Sign in to follow this