Sign in to follow this  
three

region 8 rankings

Well it is early, but some weights you can pretty well know whos gonna win.  112 is going to be Travis Sullivan  119 is gonig to be corey spencer. 125 Matt Slone  140 Brandon Howard and 215 is Jacob Watson.  Im not wanting to leave anybody out but this is all I can think of right now.

I wouldnt necessarily say that Sullivan is going to win 112 because he may go 103 or 119. I do agree he can win it at what ever weight he wants. Cory Spencer will not win 119 because of Bryan Daniels of Wayne, also heard Evans is going 119 which will be a test for Spencer. What if Sloan goes 119 he is tough as well. I would like to see Sloan and Sullivan, it would be a good test for Sullivan even though he would probably be victorious. Good luck to all the guys this year.

Good post!  Its true sullivan could go 103 or 112 but I think it would be a shocker to alot of people if he went 119 :-D  I think at the Bluegrass games he was under weight for 112.  And I did forget about Evans he is also a good wrestler but Im not sure what weight he will be going.

with all this talk about sheldon clark, wayne co, and johson central im just curious about the rest of the region. like Ashland, pike co, perry co, and prestonsbug..  I saw that pike had a new coach is the preece guy, im just curious what kind of turnout these programs are getting??  Im also excited to see what letcher co, and mccreary co have this season.

I have heard that Brandon Howard is going 152. That would be quit a big jump if so. Do you think that he would be a top competeitor there?

He has lot of talent, so he would be competitive.  But as we saw with Joey Sanders last year, that is a huge jump, even for a state champ.  So, I don't think he would be a top competitor, but definitely in the hunt for a medal.

i beg to differ. sanders made the huge jump and looked "chubby" all year. if howard is going to go 152, im sure he'll be stacked with muscle plus hes a very slick wrestler, excellent on his feet and on top

Sanders also looked a little chubby at 130 the year before.  And I would be very surprised if 100% of Howard's growth is muscle.

And I agree, he is an excellent wrestler.  I'm just saying that there are some pretty good wrestlers already at 152.  And they have been battling guys those size for a little while.

i think howard will win it at 152 honestley one of those things that you have to take into mind is that howard has showed up to go when he has to he beat ozzie at state but got jimped in the calls but he would have been a 2 time champion out side that call and will murton he has been the best at that wieght i think his slick style and speed will help him at that wieght and good luck to him in his season

The word thats going around right now is Howard is not wrestling this year.  He wrestled his first week of practice and hasnt been back.  Dont know any details or his reason for quitting.

The word thats going around right now is Howard is not wrestling this year.  He wrestled his first week of practice and hasnt been back.  Dont know any details or his reason for quitting.

That would greatly decrease his chances of winning 152!

overtimeking - one important thing to remember, you don't win unless the ref raises your hand.  Yes, the call was questionable, but that's life.  The record will always show he lost the match and Ozzie got the title.  The only thing we can do to avoid those sort of things is win the match convincingly enough that one or two points due to a bad call doesn't decide the match.

Yes, the call was questionable, but that's life.  The record will always show he lost the match and Ozzie got the title.  The only thing we can do to avoid those sort of things is win the match convincingly enough that one or two points due to a bad call doesn't decide the match.

Ranger:  This is great advice.  This is the same advice I have used for years on family and friends that wrestle.  The reason that wrestling is so great is because it is you against the other.  If you lose a match there is only three people you can blame.

1.  Your opponent (this is what he is suppose to do.

2.  The Official  (This is a cop out)

3.  Yourself  (Where the blame belongs)

Being an impartial bystander I think the call with Ozzie could have went either way.

I can see where either side would have been upset if the call did not go their way.

That would greatly decrease his chances of winning 152!

overtimeking - one important thing to remember, you don't win unless the ref raises your hand.  Yes, the call was questionable, but that's life.  The record will always show he lost the match and Ozzie got the title.  The only thing we can do to avoid those sort of things is win the match convincingly enough that one or two points due to a bad call doesn't decide the match.

yeah but if you watched last years match you would have seen that howard beat parker but like always lc had to run there mouth on the ref and the table which got it truned on howard then he did lose in overtime but the overtime should have never happed

and yes its ture he may not wrestle this year for his own reasons so

At the McCreary scrimmage tonight region 8 had some pretty good representation out of Wayne co, Letcher co, Whitley co, Oneida Baptist, and McCreary co. Congrats to all the coaches, looks like alot of the wrestlers put in their offseason work this summer.  Franklin co, and bourbon was also there and had pretty improved teams, this year could turn out to be pretty interesting when the season gets in full swing..  good luck to all...

Mccreary will be the team to watch in region 8..in my opinion from 152 up you couldnt ask for no better wrestlers than what they have ...they are gonna stand out in there lower weight classes to...they are havin trouble gettin there wrestlers to stay out of trouble and keeping them eligable right now but when they come together they will be a force to be reckoned with..but i guess we will just have to wait and see how things go

Personally i am really impressed with the coach at Letcher co, and whitley co..  they seem to have a vision with their teams..  McCreary does seem to be solid..  not just in the upper weights either i mean they have Troxell at 103, bowling at 112, and corder at 125..  could get interesting...

Mccreary Also has lyons at 140 he wasnt much last year but he has improved alot...And they have shoopman at 145..he has alot of technique and hes strong and fast...it wouldnt suprise me if we dont see him in the top 8 this year

Well I sure hope that Mccreary is solid this year because as much as I have heard them talk about theirselves the last three years and as bad as they have place in th region i wish somthing would happpen. Im tired of hearing them.

yeah but if you watched last years match you would have seen that howard beat parker but like always lc had to run there mouth on the ref and the table which got it truned on howard then he did lose in overtime but the overtime should have never happed

and yes its ture he may not wrestle this year for his own reasons so

I wouldn't say that howard had the match won, yea I was rooting for him to win but I wouldn't call what he did at the end a takedown, Ozzy didnt fall down until a couple seconds after the buzzer, and when they did issue the takedown, they were both a couple of feet out of bounds, ozzy earned the win