Sign in to follow this  
boston120

ETC is growing

I am very excited and thankful for the support we have received getting ETC off the ground. We cant be selfish and we need unity in the off season while having trust in one another. We must share our experience and coaching knowledge with all the Kentucky kids. With that being said I have seen coaches remove the school colors and come together to help all the wrestlers get better. I havent received one no when I have asked for help and I have received numersous calls asking how they can support ETC. We have kids driving hours to come to practice to work out together. At this time we have 2 locations to help with the drive so the same kids are not doing the long commutes everynight. This philosophy has worked out great and we are considering another location in the near future.

I would be lying if I said this was my idea.. This was Nathans idea because he wanted the best partners possible and in return help others. I was a very poor wrestler but in the last 10 years I have learned so much from others and still do today. ETC was intended to be short for Elite Training Center and was named by Nathan. There are no secrets in our plan, It's about getting Kentucky wrestling better and together we can acheive that. We have about 15-20 guys at ETC training together for Nationals. This is short of amazing.. We are not here to take place of open rooms or highschool practices we are here only for suplimental training. Nathan spent hours looking for training partners and stayed frustrated. I dont want any kid to have to go through that again. No kid will ever be denied a practice or camp at ETC because of funding.. Every kid should have the same opportunities and success should be determined by hard work and dedication.

At this time we are touching about 125 kids in one location or another or in different practices. In a short time this has out grown me and I need help. I knew I needed someone that was seeing different technique from various people with resources. With that being said, I would like to welcome LW college coaches and wrestlers to the ETC coaching staff. I am sure some of you noticed LW wrestlers training with us. There is nothing better than bringing college kids into a highschool practice to increase intensity. This will no longer be an exception but a normal situation at ETC. Please welcome Corey Ruff, Abe Cross, and LW wrestlers to ETC.

If anyone knows Coach Ruff you understand the passion he has for helping kids and his desire to improve Kentucky wrestling. In closing I want to give a big thank you to Coach Wheeler and Coach Tucker for helping with all the admin work. Without you this couldnt be possible. I will see you ETC guys tonight at 6:30.. Please drive safe..

Thank you!

This is awesome! I have been reading about ETC, seeing Nathan's updates and talking with Coach Tucker too, as well as Derek Nickel. My son is anxious to get involved over the next month preparing for Team KY, we are from N. Ky so planning the trips is tough. Is there a set schedule online anywhere? Please let me know as soon as possible because he would rather work with Ky wrestlers but we do have the options to go accross to Ohio if we cannot make it but would rather stay in our state. Just let me know. Thanks in advance!

Again, thank you for sharing your expertise, strategies, and passion for the sport. I am truly humbled by your example and your commitment. Every wrestler that attends has an outstanding coaching staff at his home school. Yet, there is something extraordinary when champions from across the state wrestle in the same room. They generate an energy that you can almost feel (and definitely smell) in the room. It's not just "open-mat"--it's training to win, to persevere, to succeed. Thank you, once more, for this unique opportunity.

Awesome room, awesome technique, awesome grinding. Mr. Boston and Nathan have put together something special and I'm very thankful to have them helping out KY wrestling!

Sign in to follow this