Sign in to follow this  
Mr Granby

toughest weight class?

Good question.  There wasn't much to talk about last season as 145 was a beast of a class, although it lost a little when Cooper bumped up to 152.  This year I already see a few very deep weights.  I think 112 is about as stacked as I have seen a lightweight class before.  And if Starks ends up at 215 that will make a very strong weight really, really tough.  140 and 145 are also shaping up to be pretty exciting.

ya i agree and if caleb wood goes 112 that will make 112 really tough also.....and yes if will starks goes 215 that will make things even more interesting.....in my opinion right now without starks i would say 145 again if courtney goes 145 if not then i would have to say 215....

I would think 140 and 145 would be tough, you have a lot of great talent in these weight classes and one person bumping weights could make a huge change: Jackson, Peace, Ashbrook, Sanders, Courtney, Thueneman, Howard, Banks, Ervin, and Goldsby

The more I think about it I have to go with 112.  You have this impressive list:

Wood - 1x champ, 8th, and 3rd

Sullivan - 2x champ

Luna - 4th and 5th

Carr - 2x runner up

Parks - 3rd

Voth - 4th

Badgett - 7th

Zeppa - 8th

Add to that guys like Bradbury and Cornett and I say that is the toughest heading into the season.

215 is good, but not a lot of guys that have won hardware.  If Starks is there you have a champ (and 6th), but then Watson (3rd), Dockery (8th), and Winter (6th) are the only others.  Chaney, Whiting, Embree, and the others need to step it up this season.

The more I think about it I have to go with 112.  You have this impressive list:

Wood - 1x champ, 8th, and 3rd

Sullivan - 2x champ

Luna - 4th and 5th

Carr - 2x runner up

Parks - 3rd

Voth - 4th

Badgett - 7th

Zeppa - 8th

Add to that guys like Bradbury and Cornett and I say that is the toughest heading into the season.

215 is good, but not a lot of guys that have won hardware.  If Starks is there you have a champ (and 6th), but then Watson (3rd), Dockery (8th), and Winter (6th) are the only others.  Chaney, Whiting, Embree, and the others need to step it up this season.

112 will be stacked as long as wood and parks go to 112.Ive heard so many rumors my mind is warped...

The tournaments like KOB and WCI will be stacked at 112..

KOB:

wood

parks

Luna

badgett

Voth??(not sure if dunbar go's)

more?!?!

WCI:

wood

parks

Cornett

Warra(seneca)

more...?!

what about 215 though at the tournament of champions there will be

derek Nickel

jordan dockery

jordan whitting

and deon chaney along with a couple other good kids...

then at the kob there is

Derek Nickel

deon chaney

jordan whiting

will starks

and once again a couple other really good kids......that is stacked at those specific tournaments....but truthfully i dont think every one of those kids will go 112.....and does mcreary go to KOB?...if so that would be 5 top 8 kids at one tournament.

what about 215 though at the tournament of champions there will be

derek Nickel

jordan dockery

jordan whitting

and deon chaney along with a couple other good kids...

then at the kob there is

Derek Nickel

deon chaney

jordan whiting

will starks

and once again a couple other really good kids......that is stacked at those specific tournaments....but truthfully i dont think every one of those kids will go 112.....and does mcreary go to KOB?...if so that would be 5 top 8 kids at one tournament.

Honestly I dont think that half the kids will go to 112 either...and no i dont think mcCreary gos to the KOB...but I could be wrong...

our coach is trying to get mccreary into the king of the bluegrass and then we will see if starks is untouchable i think it could be some good matches hopefull see watson and starks in the finals

i have no arguments that 112 will be a tough weight class, but i dont know it i would go as far as saying that it is going to be the toughest. I am not a middle weight but you have got to look at 145, and 152... You've got, johnny, courtney, thieniman, banks, cooper, ashbrook, peace, howard, sanders, Ervin, and wheeler, these have all been big names for the past couple of years, and they will be the toughest

i have no arguments that 112 will be a tough weight class, but i dont know it i would go as far as saying that it is going to be the toughest. I am not a middle weight but you have got to look at 145, and 152... You've got, johnny, courtney, thieniman, banks, cooper, ashbrook, peace, howard, sanders, Ervin, and wheeler, these have all been big names for the past couple of years, and they will be the toughest

You're picking guys out of 3 or 4 different weight classes.  Wolseifer and Cooper are likely going 160, maybe Wheeler.  Banks may be at 152.  Courtney is going 145 as well as Sanders.  Wheeler will be at 152 or 160 (depending on Banks).  Thueneman, Ashbrook, Howard, and Peace are likely at 140.  I have no idea on Ervin.  So yeah, picking guys from 4 weight classes you get a lot more tough guys than 112.

if Thueneman, Ashbrook, Howard, and Peace are all at 140, than 140 will have to be one of the toughest weights along with 112 hands down.  the skill at 140 and 112 is, imho, pound for pound the best in the state, as far as a total weight class, not just standout individuals.

140 will be the toughest i think you got a  hungry thueman coming back malcomn jackson looking to rebound josh ashbrook wanting a title and returning champion peace could be very interesting and then 112 sullivan i think will win it and 215 a close third

If Banks and Courtney find themselves in 145 together... it will undoughtly be the toughest weightclass; along with Sanders, possibly Jackson, Mitch, Golsby. That will be crazy. In my oppinion, each of these guys are state-champ material all ready. They could each win if they were not in the same weightclass with eachother.