Sign in to follow this  
IWIN

Post Season

I would just like to wish all the wrestlers and their coaches the best of luck this weekend. We may get on here and bicker amongst ourselves, but at the end of the day, I believe we all love Kentucky wrestling. We all want what is best for our sport. We proved this by banding together and letting our voice be heard to the KHSAA. Congrats to the kids, coaches, parents, and fans for MAKING this happen. I love the pre final celebration as much as the next guy, but if we need to "tone" it down a little to make sure we keep our spotlight on the finalist, then I will do my part to abide by the new rules, and help inform the fans. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. No toilet paper or beach balls in exchange for our best battling it out, one on one, under the lights, I'll make that deal. We can still have fun, let's just be courteous to others.

I gotta ask. What is the big deal with the beach balls?? I mean there beach balls, they aren't going to hurt anyone. I will gladly abide and not participate in the celebration but I just am not clear why it's such a big deal. I doubt anyone has ever in the history of beach balls been injured by one or by confetti string.

If they are serious about "toning it down", they should start with the music selection. They use it to get a crowd excited and then whine when they can't control it. It's like pumping a 5 year old full of Twinkies and Mountain Dew and the giving him a time out for being rambunctious.

C'mon KHSAA, take control of the situation by providing alternatives. Safety issues, my butt. 

Sign in to follow this