Sign in to follow this  
bumstead

highly contested weight classes

O.K. We all know 182 is going to be a barn burner,war of attrician,and a last man standing battle. How about some others? 170 Meimann,turner,Miozza,Ryder, or 126 blackwell,Carr,Austin,emerson.More?

113 will be a battle between the following wrestlers, I believe all of them have placed in state in the past.  There are many other good/solid wrestlers in this weight class as well but in my eyes two of these 5 wrestlers will be battling it out in the finals.  The draw of this weight class will be important and could  make some interesting match ups.  

Bender, St.X 

Vega, Fern Creek

Hernandez, Henry Clay

Sheffer, Union 

Hall, Moore 

I see the same names popping up in the 126 weight class (blackwell,Carr,Austin,emerson) but seems like no one is factoring in Chris Beeler (MC). He moved to 126 in January and is #1 seed at 126 for region 2. Really would like to hear some thoughts on him wrestling with blackwell,Carr,Austin,emerson. He seemed to be a notable wrestler last year but seems to be under everyone’s radar this year. Any thought?

I see the same names popping up in the 126 weight class (blackwell,Carr,Austin,emerson) but seems like no one is factoring in Chris Beeler (MC). He moved to 126 in January and is #1 seed at 126 for region 2. Really would like to hear some thoughts on him wrestling with blackwell,Carr,Austin,emerson. He seemed to be a notable wrestler last year but seems to be under everyone’s radar this year. Any thought?

Beeler is good but I think he is a step behind people like Blackwell, Carr, and Austin. I think Union and Woodford have tougher schedules than Meade and that makes a difference at the state tournament. If he proves me wrong than good for him. Good luck guys! 

113 will be a battle between the following wrestlers, I believe all of them have placed in state in the past. There are many other good/solid wrestlers in this weight class as well but in my eyes two of these 5 wrestlers will be battling it out in the finals. The draw of this weight class will be important and could make some interesting match ups.

Bender, St.X

Vega, Fern Creek

Hernandez, Henry Clay

Sheffer, Union

Hall, Moore

Few kids capable of making noise on top of these

Hanson n. Hardin ( beat binder )

Roberts woodford (beat vega)

Smith Walton Verona

Skaqqs 4th last yr

113 will be a battle between the following wrestlers, I believe all of them have placed in state in the past. There are many other good/solid wrestlers in this weight class as well but in my eyes two of these 5 wrestlers will be battling it out in the finals. The draw of this weight class will be important and could make some interesting match ups.

Bender, St.X

Vega, Fern Creek

Hernandez, Henry Clay

Sheffer, Union

Hall, Moore

I don't think Hall is in the conversation with the top 4 mentioned. Talent wise he's there however it's my understanding he hasn't wrestled much this year. There are some sleepers in this weight class as well. Younger guys that I think could make some real noise this year. Mason Smith is huge for the weight class and has made big strides. I will be interested in seeing how he handles the nerves. If he does, he could make the podium and is capable of beating anyone in the weight class.

Neverbreak...im entitled to my opinion. Wasn't going to say anything, but since you mentioned Scaggs, it would not surprise me if he wins that match up at regions. Joey will have his hands full I promise you.

By the way I did say sleeper. I didn't pick him to win state...lol.

sorry your whitey tighties must have bunched up! I also stated my opinion he has a tough semis match in region and if he wins it would change my mind about how he will do at state.  otherwise he remains a long long shot to place!

Who responded so quickly to my post? I don't have a dog in the fight. It's not personal. My gut says you must have. I think highly of Mason as well as a ton of kids in this weight class including Scaggs who my son has wrestled with since they were 5 years old. Btw....im a whitey tight guy myself:)

Beeler is good but I think he is a step behind people like Blackwell, Carr, and Austin. I think Union and Woodford have tougher schedules than Meade and that makes a difference at the state tournament. If he proves me wrong than good for him. Good luck guys! 

I would have to agree with the whole Tougher schedule point. I think Meade's could have been a whole lot better. It just seems it is the same every year after year. I got a feeling switching to a new region this year may open some eyes. At least I hope anyways. Friday and Saturday will tell. I agree you have to wrestle with the best to compete along the best!!!

Who responded so quickly to my post? I don't have a dog in the fight. It's not personal. My gut says you must have. I think highly of Mason as well as a ton of kids in this weight class including Scaggs who my son has wrestled with since they were 5 years old. Btw....im a whitey tight guy myself:)

I happened to open this thread right after you posted and noticed you mentioned smith over a few others.  voiced my opinion that is all.  again mason could change my mind if he beats skaggs, and then Krebs at region if he does then yes he has a better shot at placing.  if he comes out of 6 as the 3 seed he is less likely to place at state b/c he could run into a 1 seed second round (vega, hernandez, bidner, sheffer) then the long haul back to placing begins.  I posted what I did, due to analyzing the possible results not because of how well I know the kids! 

by the way I fixed my previous post to be more accurate.

No big deal...I did use the term sleeper.  I'm just saying he's capable. There's usually that transition to HS that kids go through with confidence, but I witnessed the him nearly beating Gage Branson (Glen Este) this year at GMWVA. He lost 9-7.  That was his first HS tournament and he literally had him on the ropes.  If it wasn't for blood time, no doubt in my mind he would have won that match.  I am really interested in 113 this year.  The competition is fierce.

Brown looks like a totally different wrestler.  He was always good, but always had the feeling he didn't do much extra to get to the top until this year. I had a chance to watch him at SWOWCA, he looks like a state champ to me.  Hope he wins it.

I agree about the 2nd rds and quarters of the 182's ......they will be extremely good matches. there's so much depth....I believe Smith from Moore and Courtney have seperated themselves a bit from the pack .. but there's some strong guys in there that could catch anyone ! and not just 1 or 2 .. I mean 7 or 8 lol or even more up to 10-12 honestly

I watched the Beeler Austin match this year at Sectional Duels.  It was the first week or so that Austin had wrestled and he handeled Beeler pretty easy.  I agree Beeler should finish in the top 6 or so but is a small step behind the top 3 or 4 at 126.  I am really not sure why he left 120, he could have maybe made the finals in that weight class.

Think Smith has separated himself now as well has wins against everyone "multiple " It could still go who knows where ,

Kids like Smith hitting the competitive stage all across the country and putting in the extra time will separate themselves from the pack as well ,

Maturity is the only ? And he seems to be improving steadily , I say he places at state and perhaps stuns everyone at reg .

Response to  KY_WAR_VET

Tired of cutting weight from what I heard and he really was not getting challenged at 120 in the meets he was going too. He felt better going up a class and wanted to test his skills in a heavier weight class. He also could put on more muscle and do more strength conditioning. I also saw the match with Austin and don’t remember it going that way. It was tied all the way up to the last 8 seconds then Austin did a slipby after Beeler shot at him. It was a good match. I thought they handled each other pretty well. It was also the first match Beeler had at 126. He had a match 1 days prior to that one and i do think he was still recovering from cutting weight to meet the 120 class for that match. No excuses, they are all good at what they do. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out..

126 looks to be extremely tough looking at the top 12 or so as well as the addition of Beeler.  Will be interesting how this plays out.  Would be a shame if Blackwell and Austin end up on the same side as these two are a head above the rest of the group. 

Sign in to follow this