Sign in to follow this  
Bearcats Coach

STATE TOURNAMENT

Just want to give a BIG congratulations to ALL the wrestlers that participated in this year's State Tournament. It's you guys that make the day special and provide memories for us coaches and dads to enjoy! THANK YOU for that!

Another big congrats to River City and North Oldham for winning the Club and School titles. Both those programs and their coaches are class acts! Great job Coach Quirino and Coach Goldsmith!

All the state finalists really brought it this year. What an exciting bunch of finals. Adam Bender and Mason Smith are very much deserving of receiving the MOW awards. You boys wrestled like champions! Congratulations!!

A shout out to my son Blake's opponent in the finals. Nate Wheeler is a very tough and solid wrestler! Nate, keep working hard in the off season and I have no doubt that you will be a State Champion next year!

• Upvote 2

Coach Roth, you sir are a true class act. I personally have had respect for you from day one, but with posts such as that, you just prove your sportsmanship once again. You are the kind of class act that I would want my son to wrestle for if we lived up North. Congrats to you and Blake.

Coach Roth, you sir are a true class act. I personally have had respect for you from day one, but with posts such as that, you just prove your sportsmanship once again. You are the kind of class act that I would want my son to wrestle for if we lived up North. Congrats to you and Blake.

I am in total agreement. I cannot say I would be as gracious coming up a 1/2 point short. Knowing all the points denied my team when my 121 pounder was on the receiving end of a less than true sportsmanship call by a coach makes us envious of your modesty and humility.

I was not there to see the call in question, but I am sorry if your 121 lost on a not so great call. That being said, I still think Coach Roth is in the top level of honorable coaches in this sport.

I was not there to see the call in question, but I am sorry if your 121 lost on a not so great call. That being said, I still think Coach Roth is in the top level of honorable coaches in this sport.

Forgive me for not being clear on my post. Coach Roth (the whole WV staff for that matter) were the victims.

I should also be clear that it was not the referee's call. Every now and then coaches get the opportunity to exhibit the life lessons our sport teaches. This coach took a path that IMO is not compatible with what we hope our children take from this great sport. If I had dog in the fight I can assure you, I would be much more vocal.

That WV crew is tough. Stay classy, Bearcats.