Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

Region 6 I'd like to see its !!

Last year was the amazing Epic Stephen Myers vs Kevin Cooper match which it may be quite a few years before 2 guys with that much talent and championships ever enter the circle again but........... brings a fun debate as to whom we'd like to see wrestle this year in Region 6 . There are a few matches I'd like to see and would love your opinions !

My number 1 would be...

Eli Matthews (182)  vs Trevor Thompson (195) a battle of the beasts and guys that are both technically sound but are bulls on the match and would be very fun to watch.

#2 Braden Jones (182) vs Johnny Meiman (170) Braden got hurt last year at the region tourney and never had a chance to wrestle Meiman all season even though they were 2 of the best 170's. A battle between 2 warriors and 2 very strong kids that are both very classy. .

#3 Clay Brown (145) (Walton) vs Seasn Fausz (138) CC Fausz would probably win here but these guys can flat scramble and would be fun to watch !

#4 Elijah Miller Scott (195) vs Eli Matthews (182) CC The battle of Eli's hmm sounds like a movie no wait that was The Book of Eli lol.. Great movie BTW and the match would be very good as well .

Who would you like to see ? 

With all due respect I would like to see region 6 220 vs region 1 220. Farris from region 1 needs a match like that. Can't take nothing away from Austin he is a outstanding wrestler.

All your match ups are different weights Mathews is a small 182 , Trevor a big 195 who cuts from 220 same with Fausz who wrestles 132 as well as 138 Brown much Bigger ,

Jones is Definatly bigger than Meiman who looks as if he could go 160 to most people .

Stephen and Kevin had a lot more yrs / big match in and out of state experience than any of those match ups and both were pretty much the same sise a yr later Cooper is wrestling heavier than Myers . Kevin a home grown stud who hammered everyone everywhere Stephen a gypsy who travelled everywhere to get better in his sport , two of a kind I doubt anyone sees two like them battle it out again in Nky .

Not sure what to say about the 220 matchup from region 1 vs Region 6s Austin Myers other than

The best and closest match anyone will ever see between Austin Myers and any other Kentucky wrestler in his class has already Happened .

Newberry / Myers 220 state Finals 2012 ,

Two great and classy wrestlers .

Meiman and Jones would be interesting .

And we just saw Mathews Meiman and may again .

CC is at state Duals Austin should be there and I hear he has never turned down a match although last week at conference I noticed he didn't get a match in due to forfeits , sad considerihangs he is an athlete like any other who trains hard for his sport and I have never heard about him injuring anyone he has wrestled . I'm sure they could exhibition or simply wait till state to see if they wrestle . I would watch film train hard pray and eat my wheaties, he's hard to score on Lol

I think Myers and Ferris wrestled last yr at state .

Myers had a great match this past weekend against an ohio D1 state placer and 220 ranked num 2 and previous hvy ranked ohio number one who hadn't seen the third period this yr but got to c the lights a couple times in their match probably the biggest match up in either state this past weekend . I doubt he sees anyone else as tough as Devin Nye the rest of the regular season . It's good to chase comp and be competitive and it's good to have fun with the sport .

If your going 220 in Ky you might as well go for it but I wouldn't tug on any capes to hard !

Gotta love Belk he wrestles way bigger than he appears and imposes his will on his opponents .

Don't know who Bailey is but keep us informed

The Ryle team is on the rise The younger Erdman looks very impressive and Meiman and the rest are always in the mix . Brave of Meiman bumping to take on Mathews last week , I have a great new respect for Meiman he is showing the character of a champion and the Bravery of a Lion very very impressive .

I agree and would go with Belk to win this one. Still a good match up though and am looking forward to the Boone County championships hopefully Dru Shoerer will be healthy not saying he will win it but he can scramble and that adds to the 152's. I agree on Meiman taking on Matthews but I always thought Meiman was good he has really strong legs and is deceiving with his strength and thus his ranking at 170 this year number 1 can't get much higher . Matthews is just a stud& he keeps getting better each year as I saw he beat some good quality opponents at the holiday tourney in Ohio. Braden Jones also put up a great fight this past weekend by winning 4 matches including defeating a kid that finished 2nd in the sectionals in Ohio at 182 and then lost to top ranked Jack Harris from Urbania 4-0 and it was a fierce battle with Braden on top of him for a good portion of the match but hats off to Harris who finished 2nd at Fargo and winning the GMVWA for getting the 4-0 win

Why is this match not on track wrestling?  When I look at the Large school state dual qualifiers only Boone Co. has put their information into track wrestling.

How is it that three of the biggest programs in NKy (CC, Ryle, SK) can't get their information into track wrestling?  Each of those programs have a half dozen coaches or more. 

With a tournament on a wed that is really just a quad I don't see it being a huge concern compared to getting ready for a fri sat tourny a couple of days later it whatever weekend tourny you may have and they probably would rather keep their standings to themselves .

Meiman showed a lot of heart but I'm afraid I have to disagree Mathews dominated the match from the whistle .

Why is this match not on track wrestling? When I look at the Large school state dual qualifiers only Boone Co. has put their information into track wrestling.

How is it that three of the biggest programs in NKy (CC, Ryle, SK) can't get their information into track wrestling? Each of those programs have a half dozen coaches or more.

For whatever reason I don't think that those three schools ever put their matches on track wrestling

Why is this match not on track wrestling? When I look at the Large school state dual qualifiers only Boone Co. has put their information into track wrestling.

How is it that three of the biggest programs in NKy (CC, Ryle, SK) can't get their information into track wrestling? Each of those programs have a half dozen coaches or more.

A lot of schools do not !! And a lot do not list their kids records on the various nat tracking / ranking sites , maybe because they do not know about them or because they want their info to remain close to home ??? Of course they know of track but may not be concerned

Track wrestling is one way to help promote wrestling. 

The reason I brought this up is because I was talking to a coach who coached in the 80s and is now back in the area.  He asked me why he can't find anything on the local teams either in the paper or on track wrestling.   He was trying to keep up with some of the local teams but he could not find any of the results in the paper or on the school websites.  He knew the NKAC was about to go on but could not find any information on when and where. 

We as a wrestling community need to make sure that our schedules and results are more redily available to the public.  There is no reason to keep records or results close to home, it is of no advantage. 

And that's why I gave so much props to Meiman for wrestling him on another note forfeiting 220 was rather weak hearted by all those who attended and did so !!!

Back to Meiman / Mathews , let's get real Pin and Win :) we both know what it was all about and where it's leading to as does everyone else so rather than pretend its the 1000 lb gorilla in the room just ask or state what everyone already knows and suspects or are we the only two people on ky Wrestling site "and I think you know what I'm talking about " who knows what the implications of that match really are !!!!

Get real people

A lot of schools do not !! And a lot do not list their kids records on the various nat tracking / ranking sites , maybe because they do not know about them or because they want their info to remain close to home ??? Of course they know of track but may not be concerned

I agree it looks like my answer says that only those 3 schools don't load there info on track but it's a fact alot don't ! Trinity, St X and many others do not so guess it's just not a big deal to some teams. It's just alot easier on us guys that do the rankings for the teams that do so I wish all would but I usually find the info via tourneys listed on Baumspage, Yappi, Track, Indianamat, Kap just to name a few. 

And that's why I gave so much props to Meiman for wrestling him on another note forfeiting 220 was rather weak hearted by all those who attended and did so !!!

Back to Meiman / Mathews , let's get real Pin and Win :) we both know what it was all about and where it's leading to as does everyone else so rather than pretend its the 1000 lb gorilla in the room just ask or state what everyone already knows and suspects or are we the only two people on ky Wrestling site "and I think you know what I'm talking about " who knows what the implications of that match really are !!!!

Get real people

Lol unless Turner is out for longer than anticipated or they are just switching places even I don't know what would be going on ? Eli doesn't look like he's that heavy but guessing between 175-180 but I'll admit it would be a shock to me if they did switch but more importantly hope Dustin is ok... If it's something else I'm lost and I'll openly admit it.

A lot of time and effort on your part and others who do rankings , much easier to just focus on those around you and your area who you meet or notice .

Sign in to follow this