Sign in to follow this  
Eaglewrestler16

Dual

Fern Creek beat Trinity and Woodford beat Walton Verona.Not sure about the final but there where several good matches. Looks to be a good individual line up tommorrow

Fern Creek looked very good. Very well coached and fairly solid in all weight classes. Trinity and Walton Verona were missing some key components for various reasons, injuries etc. Woodford looked a little thin and banged up. This is the time of the season that those nagging injuries seem to really show up. Hate to see Jones from WV out. Not only is he tough, but seems to be a great young man as well. Good day of wrestling. Not sure how guys will perform tomorrow already having gone through a 4 or 5 match gauntlet today. Good luck to all of the competitors tomorrow.

I love seeing different teams have success. KY Wrestling is getting a little better each year and it shows with the parity between the top 15 to 20 teams in the State. Seem like it was always between 5-8 teams every year and that group is getting bigger each year.

State Duals would be unbelievable to watch, if we actually got to see KY's 2 top teams battle it out. This big school/small school thing has got to get changed back. I believe that this is the last year of the so called "trial" period for it. Hope the coaches unanimously, vote to go back to one State Dual Champion.

• Upvote 1

Was made aware that this format has already been approved for 4 more years. I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I hope it helps accomplish what we all want, and that it is growth of our sport.

Sign in to follow this