Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2013 Derby City Classic Results

Hat off to Coach McCoy for running a great tournament. Our vision and goal of the Derby City Classic is to have a quality tournament and get out at a decent time. We are both looking forward to doing it again next year. Thanks for all that came out and hope you return.

Coach Founder

Central High School Wrestling

Coach Founder, you have been part of the last two tourneys my boys have been to. Rumble in the Hive and Derby City Classic. Also I have been to a lot of wrestling tourneys as I never miss a meet my boys have been involved in. I can say I have been impressed by you and the other Central coaches and that you, your coaches and wrestlers represent your school very well. Thanks for some really good wrestling weekends.  

Thank you for the compliment. With any endeavor whether the Rumble or Derby City, it is always a team effort. As far as our wrestlers, my job as their coach is to make them the best young men I can through this vehicle called wrestling. Any other awards they may receive along the way is icing on the cake. I try to only surround myself and my kids with people who have the same views.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree. The Central wrestlers have always been so involved, supportive and good sportmen. It really impressed me when we were there for a dual and the boys all stand and cheer on their teammates win or loose. And they stand when the wrestler comes out to wrestle. I wish we could see more of this in wrestling.

Sign in to follow this