Sign in to follow this  
Irish Wrestler

1st Day of Practice - How Did It Go???

OK Guys and Gals - Today was the first day of practice.  What did everyone think?  Were there any suprises - meaning who was there or wasn't?  Let everyone know how it went!  Were there any suprises in peoples weight??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!

I think you will find out that many schools did not start practice today because of the schools districts being off today.  Those schools that are on the year round schedule or modified year round schedule (Campbell. Co.) are off the entire week. 

You may have to wait a day or so to get the total input.

McCreary had a good show out today Watsons,Stevens,Bowling,Lyons, a few new guys a few comin back from injuries and school problems we have Anothney Cox comin baack solid wrestler Josh Hornback MIddle school state placer comin back and all the football players could have a good year

Great Irish! I was going with same idea for next week (Monday nite), we will see many surprises, I am sure. I think it will be several more weeks, depending on who makes the play-offs in football to see all of the actual weights and classes. Great thread though. :mrgreen:

Central Hardin had there first practice monday and there was quite a few surprises... as our 103 Kyle Terry now weighs 114 which was a big surprise since he is soo small anyway our 112 mason bradbury was 120 which isn't that bad and he plans to wrestle 112 again everyone else is close as our 119 ross engle is about 127 and probably plans to wrestle and one of our new guys will probably wrestle 119 and then our 135 steven rivera is only weighing 138 and is saying he may even go 130 this year if hes fat analyses will let him and from there the weight classes 140 and 145 are going to be decided later on and then at 152 will probably david mains which wrestled 152 at JV last season and he only weighs 156 and at 160 joe collin plans to wrestle there even though he weighs 173 right now but will just see how that goes and at 171 terry turner says he will try to go there but he weighs 183 right now and at 189 will probably richie enright and at 215 we are not totally sure yet but the football team isn't done yet and at 285 we will have josh monin

Southern has had practice everyday and our practices have been blood sweat and guts....not fun at all.Ive lost several pounds already just from hard wrestling and running.