Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KSWA Fall 2013 Coaches Meeting - Sunday September 15

Coaches, parents, wrestlers, fans - please make sure your team is represented next month at the annual fall coaches meeting.  At the fall meeting we vote on rule and bylaw changes for the league.  Make sure your coach is aware of the meeting details:

When = Sunday, September 15 at 2:00 pm

Where = John Hardin High School

The youth meeting is generally held just prior to the middle school meeting.  Attached are the meeting minutes from the spring meeting and the ballot for voting.

The following message was sent out to all coaches last week:

If you have any questions please bring them up now so we can address them prior to the meeting.  Additional items for consideration:

1. District and Region hosts need to be set; you can’t wait until the last minute to secure a gym.  To my knowledge only a couple hosts have been set.
  2. Anyone in Region 3 interested in hosting State Duals needs to speak now or forever hold your peace.  I have only heard from Summit View at this point.
  3. There is a proposal to consolidate the elementary and middle school organizations to gain efficiencies and help to coordinate our efforts to grow the sport at the youth level all around the state
  4. There are a number of other proposals on the ballot designed to bring us into sync with the high school rules and regulations regarding wrestler safety as well as the goals of the Kentucky Department of Education (see attached guidelines for KHSAA and middle school athletics)
  5. I would like to have a discussion and get feedback from the coaches around the state on how we can increase the participation with Team KY to get more of our kids to national events against the best competition.

This organization only works if we have participation and support from the coaches.  Please make every effort to attend.  If you cannot make it to the meeting in person, you can vote by proxy by mailing a signed copy of your vote to me at:

Jason Moore

272 Ridgepointe Dr

Cold Spring, KY 41076

I must receive (in my hands) your vote by Saturday, September 14 for it to be valid.

Jason Moore

KSWA President

Spring 2013 KSWA meeting minutes.docx

KSWA Fall 2013 Proposal Ballot.xlsx