Sign in to follow this  
Cougar05

Best Wrestling Camps

This topic gets brought up quite frequently as the off-season begins. So based off of where you have attended camps, which ones do you consider the best?

For me-

1. Jeff Jordan's State Champ Camp- I can not speak on the camp now, as I have not been in over 8 years but when I was there, there was no better camp around. In my first sesson alone, I had 6 future NCAA All-Americans and 2 National Champs out of 18 kids! Also when I started there Jeff ran every single session, team camps had not started yet so you got only the best instruction. Zerkle, Jim, and Jeff at nearly every session was out of this world good.

2. Gramby- While I have never been, cousins of mine and several wrestlers I've coached have and they speak very highly of this camp. From the intense drill sessions to the competitive open mats this camp has it all.

3. Mitch Clarks Take Top Camp- From everything I've heard hands down the best "top camp" in the county. Clark won an NCAA title by tech fall with nearly all of his points coming from on top. Home to Logan and Hunter Steiber, Mitch Clarks runs a great tilt and turn series that I picked up a few years back at his camp. He is also great to coaches who want to come up and watch. Encourages video tapping and overall is a cool dude.

4. J Robinson's Intensity Camp- Never went but everyone who has been there makes me never to want to go! Haha, super intense and a camp that builds wrestling warriors.

5. Ken Chertows- Basically the McDonalds of wrestling camps. Not the best, but probably the most marketed camp out there. Gets a lot of quality wrestlers and a lot of slouches. Technique is typicall "camp technique" and something you would probably never use in a match. Been there twice as a wrestler and held my own which speaks volume to the quality of the camp. The month long camp would probably be a great value with everything included in that month.

So there is my top 5. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, esp Mpire who I know has taken his boy's to hunderds of camps over the years.

Some of the camps mentioned have grown to 70-80+ kids with limited coaching and therefore limit 1 on 1 attention. Camps such as the union county camp brings great value with more attention to details and elite wrestlers. I suggest taking full advantage of private, elite, and high intensity camps. Don't get caught up on names or universities. I have been to Kolat camps for years and nothing compares to his knowledge, intensity and passion. Camps that helped us the most.

#1 Kolat

#2 Massa Maniacs

# 2 Burnettes at his barn with his elite kids

# 4 Carr's intensive camps like in Indy-

There are a ton of great camps. I have to say that Jordan's has been the one that we continue to go to every year. I think Jeff and Jessie do an amazing job. I would say the biggest benefit is the competition in the room. It is always loaded with talent. Not to mention all the graham kids that show up each day to go live.

For any parents that have youth kids I would highly suggest the father son camp That was one trip I always looked forward too. Watching the kids wrestle for 3 days straight. Also watching ranger with his laptop doing the preseason rankings. Unfortunately my son is growing right up so no more daddy camp.

As a parent the hope is that your child will actually use what he has learned at camp. I think that helps justify the expense. We have been to a

lot of other great camps but Jordan's camps and his sunday open mats has to be his favorites.

UT Chattanooga intensive camp is the best local camp I have seen.  No frills, no special camp technique - just hard work and a lot of wrestling.  Rocco Mansuetto is a beast.

Cougar05 nailed it pretty good. Scotty Burnett's camps are great. Hard to go wrong with Mitch Clark and J Robinson. I will add Nick Purler as one to consider. Oh, with a name like Rocco Mansuetto you are born a beast!

Kolat is definitely one of the best wrestling minds around. J Rob and Jordan will break your spirit and make you hate life, but they definitely help a ton. I always felt I learned a lot at All Results down in Clarksville, Gannon brings in tons of top guys such as Zeke Jones, Greg Strobel, and even had Cael and John one year

I see a bunch of people saying that Kolat is the best camp, yet we are not full for our June 5-8 camp which FEATURES................ Cary Kolat!  Not to mention Jordan Leen and Alan Waters.  In addition, for those of you who have been to a Cary Kolat camp and can understand how expensive it can be, our camp is only $150!  

I have added a link for those of you bringing a team.  Please take a few minutes and fill this out for your team so that we can get accurate numbers.  We are probably going to end up turning some people away, so please reserve your spot by completing this form:

https://docs.google....TA03os/viewform

The individual form is still available as well:

https://docs.google...._DXO4o/viewform

OFFICAIL LIST OF CLINICIANS:

Cary Kolat: 2x National Champ, silver and bronze world medalist, 2000 Olympian

Jordan Leen: 3x All-American, 2008 National Champion for Cornell.  Assistant Coach at the University of Virginia.

Alan Waters: 4x MO state champ, 2007 Double Fargo Champ, 2012 Big 12 Champ, 2x NCAA Qualifier, Currently Ranked #1 at 125

Caleb Ervin: 2x KY State Champ, Sophomore National Champ, 2013 NCAA QUALIFIER

Zane Richards: 2x IL Stae Champ, 3x Fargo Champ (2 @ Cadet, 1 @ Junior), Currently Wrestles for University of Illinois.

Isaac Knable: 4x KY State Champ, 2x KY State MOW, 2005 NCAA qualifier

Marcus Hoehn: MO State Champ, 2004 Senior National AA, 2009 Big 12 Champ, NCAA Qualifier

email me for a parent permission form and information brochure. hoehn.marcus@gmail.com