Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Weight Movements

I want to get started on ranking for next year for the whole state. I am able to guess with Region 1 kids decently but I am without a clue for anyone else since they only time I got to see these kids wrestle was through ihigh. Any knowledge on probably weight changes would be lovely.

Good luck trying to figure that out. I had seen a group of young men who wrestled in the same weight class in an off season tourney at Fern Creek this past season, and ended up in four different weight classes by the end of this season. Some kids feel their best opportunity is to hit the weights and bulk up others just keep it on the mat and know how to cut well. But I'm sure they all gained a few pounds these past couple days enjoying their favorite foods they havent had in a while.

From my understanding Brock will be at 132 next year, it could slightly be the fact that it gives Union a better lineup. You also gotta remember that Brock's older brothers both wrestled 160 their senior year

It's gonna be interesting to see where Union puts Trae and Brock. I could actually see Trae bumping all the way to 138. He looked like a very big 120 pounder to me. Both of them would probably prefer 132 pounds, but the rumor is that Trae likes Foodstuffs a little more than Brock, so I see him at 138. I just don't think Trae can make 126 next year.