Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 preseason September 8

If someone wants to wrestle Sullivan during the regular season that is great. But if you are after a title you should stay out of his weight class.  JMHO

I think some of these rankings are messed up.... Sullivan told me at the Bluegrass state games, He was cutting back to 103 half way threw the season so he can wrestle 103 at state. Now about Calbe Wood he could only go to 116 last year.. Well thats what his bodyfat test said.  I think Sullivan over Wood in a six min. battle. all hands down sullivan gets the win. Maybe this could be a state finals match if Sullivan changes his mind about going to 103. Cant wait to see what happends 

I think some of these rankings are messed up.... Sullivan told me at the Bluegrass state games, He was cutting back to 103 half way threw the season so he can wrestle 103 at state. Now about Calbe Wood he could only go to 116 last year.. Well thats what his bodyfat test said.  I think Sullivan over Wood in a six min. battle. all hands down sullivan gets the win. Maybe this could be a state finals match if Sullivan changes his mind about going to 103. Cant wait to see what happends 

Are these the only 2 "messed up" things you see?  Because if you're going to make a statement like that then let's hear what your opinion is.  On Sullivan and Wood, we won't know until the season starts.  And maybe not even then because I really don't think either of these guys knows what he is really going to do.  We've heard from a lot of different sources, including the kids themselves, and still there are questions.  The body fat test from last year doesn't mean a thing.  If Caleb wants all he has to do is step on the scale the day of the test weighing 112 (adequately hydrated).  If he is below the % then I'm guessing he will be able to get a doctors sign off.  I don't think Caleb is doing this to challenge Sullivan.  I think he is considering the team and trying to get a team title as well.

just curious why carr would be ranked above martin at 103? he didn't even compete at state, martin gave his older brother a very close match in the semis at state and has improved immensely over the summer, not to mention he has gained 15 pounds and grown 5 inches, he is much stronger, I dont see carr beating him

just curious why carr would be ranked above martin at 103? he didn't even compete at state, martin gave his older brother a very close match in the semis at state and has improved immensely over the summer, not to mention he has gained 15 pounds and grown 5 inches, he is much stronger, I dont see carr beating him

You make a good point.  But you can't make the assumption that just because he was close with the older brother then he beats the younger one.  Ask the Warners about that one.  Anyway, I think these two are really, really close.  It's a toss-up.

I understand what your saying but the older carr was obviously the tougher wrestler since he had the varsity spot and they were in the same weight class, and I know that the younger brother had trouble will some of the tougher varity 103's like FC's Tommy Warren, this says to me the the older carr was the tougher of the two, but that was last year so knowbody can be sure until the seaon begins.

I understand what your saying but the older carr was obviously the tougher wrestler since he had the varsity spot and they were in the same weight class, and I know that the younger brother had trouble will some of the tougher varity 103's like FC's Tommy Warren, this says to me the the older carr was the tougher of the two, but that was last year so knowbody can be sure until the seaon begins.

I may not have been clear.  I wasn't making a case for the little Carr to be a better wrestler, only that just because his bigger, older brother beat him out for the spot doesn't mean another wrestler (Martin) is obviously better.  Maybe he gives his older brother just as good a match.  But as you say, in a matter of weeks we'll have a lot more answers.