Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

Is wrestling a team sport ?

I'm not really trying to argue or persuade either way. And its not that i want it to be a team sport. I just think there is a team aspect to it. And when I coached kids that were truly pulling for each other as team mates it was pretty cool. A lot of team sports parents and team mates are consumed with jealousy.

One comment about what you said about people not sacrificing their individual title for a team title. Ive seen kids do this. Tommy Storms for sure. His senior year could have went out a 3 timer. Wrestled up for the team. Troy Cole did the same and the list goes on. Yes both of those guys already had individual titles, but they both sacrifices a lot for their team. Ok now its THE END for me and Ill go back into retirement.

You do know that I posted the end because that was a great post , if it meant a team title over an individual state title it would be hard not to go with the team , but if it was just going to help the team as far as placing higher but not winning , hell no no one would do that it would be ignorant , with no team an individual title would add more shine to a team than placing 6th instead of 5th ,it all depends on the circumstance , of course those moves often backfire and a coach ends up having more losses than when he moves people around .

It is an individual sport with a team aspect. I think if you look at Olympic wrestling it shows the individuality of the sport. Golf is definitely an individual sport but they also have the Ryder Cup where team scores are tallied but I dont think anyone would argue that it is a team sport.

In the olympics these are listed as individual sports.....

Canoe/kayak
BMX
Mountain biking
Road and track cycling
Equestrian sports
Archery
Track and field (non-relay)
Badminton (singles)
Boxing
Fencing
Judo
Pentathlon
Rowing (singles)
Sailing (singles)
Shooting
Table tennis
Taekwondo
Tennis (singles)
Triathlon
Weightlifting
Figure skating (singles)
Speed skating (individual)
Cross-country skiing
Alpine skiing
Ski jumping
Nordic combined
Freestyle skiing
Snowboarding
Biathlon
Luge
Martial arts (some)

Wrestling will definitly be a team sport  tomarrow. Some kids will need to battle to keep from getting pinned and others will battle to get a pin.Plus the coaches will have to make some very good team moves.Going to be very fun to watch.

Duals are Definatly team sports when people are running all over , makes it more of a coaches chess match than an actual sport of equality .

They are fun but not a true measure of a team and kids actual ability .

Olympic wrestling it would seem

Might actually be in with the individual sports , that's interesting . I guess they keep team

Points so it's a team sport .

Watching a match this year I saw a kid leapfrog some kid leapfrog his opponent and turn and score , Cataan was ref I saw him look at the other ef and say something but it was funny as heck because he was pointing at the wrestlers and cracking up .

Watching a match this year I saw a kid leapfrog some kid leapfrog his opponent and turn and score , Cataan was ref I saw him look at the other ef and say something but it was funny as heck because he was pointing at the wrestlers and cracking up .

Yeah that's what I thought or something like that did you see it ???

I would love to have it on tape along with the rumble mega hop , two refs on the mat , championship match on the leap frog I think .

That Cataan is awesome . He's my favorite ref .

Now he will probably ruin my life and ref one of my boys matches while they

Lose lol

Great respect for him , I say it over and over but he really did give Austin a heckuva match , and could have beaten him . I will

Remember it forever and everyone loved it ,

I did feel sorry for the other kid Cataan wrestled though , he beat the s$$t outta him and quick , and I thought for a minute oh s$$ t ATM is about to get FUBARED , that college kid came over and said I thought he was going to break my neck , lol

Still say what a coach he would make , or one of those guys on reality tv straightening out problem

Kids ,maybe the wrestling version ,

" get your sorry @$$ e$ up and start jogging and drilling you pitiful pieces of mat trash "your moma ain't here no more lol