Sign in to follow this  
refdad

any placers going 75, 82 and 89?

Just wondering if any state placers from last year are going 75, 82 and 89 this year? How about it everyone? Who are the kids from your school or club that placed last year that will be at theses weights this season?

Hate to say it refdad, but the general rule of thumb is that no one but the actual wrestler(s) reveals their weights UNLESS they want to. I wouldn't expect many replies.

dscicle: I don't really understand, but I now see that. The only thing I can figure on this, is that a coach wants to wait to see what weight the kids that he feels his kid or kids cant beat, and then chooses to dodge that weight class if possible?? :?

refdad:

I truly don't think anyone is dodging anyone. Especially on the middle/elementary level.  Most coaches don't work that way.

As a coach I can honestly say that most probably have no idea what wt. their kids will be going yet. 

Practices have not started and many probably have not even seen most of their team.  I know many of the middle/elementary coaches don't start practice until Nov/Dec. 

As a high school coach, I can tell you I have little idea what wt. my wrestlers will be going this season.

bulldog leader: thanks for the reply. Maybe so. I guess I figured since we know what weight my son will be going, so did everyone else. But we stay at least somewhat active in the sport during the off season. He has been to three good summer camps and started fall wrestling club this past week. Good luck to everyone this season