Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

GMVA

Mpire- I was at the tournament and I remember watching that match and instantly thinking Stephan got the wrong end of the deal. However, I have now watched that video several times (four times) and I think the ref made the right call. It appears he was beginning to award two then they went out of bounds. There was no hesitation when he called the takedown.

I don't buy into your witchhunt that always seems to follow you, or so you claim. Call it what it is, and Stephan lost fair and square. Marinelli is 8th by Intermat and being so the result did not come as a big shocker. I was more impressed with Stephan handling himself like a man and you like a fool. Your boy is outstanding and he lost. Chalk it up and get better. Stephan is outstanding and he just got beat. Shit happens move on and beat everyone else you face.

I read your post more than four times , I figured you were a big Jordan supporter , and you need to watch it a few more times but wipe your glasses first quit looking through those graham colored specs , and as for Marinelli being ranked 8th by intermat so what an Ohio kid on a national powerhouse Ohio team who came in second in an Ohio tournament that lacked its usual depth in the class he was in not having any top 5 kids in it , not blasting him he's a great wrestler but guess who runs intermat , an Ohio guy guess where he you and graham are from Ohio , an 8th so what Stephen has beaten intermat number 1 s before , your bias on the whole match is obvious with Jordan / intermat remarks , you had your mind made up before you watched the match , just a building block and propaganda tool used by a team trying to claw to the top and a ref who was to scared to make the right call ,

Nice way to cheat a great kid his sr yr one who has Been through more than all your graham and Ohio heroes all so some propaganda based wrestling machine can rise through the ranks with unearned wins , a bs call I guess it will come down to who hates who and what stated your from , either way like to see any coach explain where the two was before the ref called it out Any of course Jordan and all his supporters could come up with something , yes it should have been argued but some coaches do not argue calls they have reasons , as of stephs OAC match lol he had a whizzer in no control and ROOT argued it after there was a debate steph won and won again bigger next yr proving he was the better wrestler .

A big match with state pride national rankings and more involved , and a bs call by the ref giving the edge to an instate star vs one who was and left , what a joke they should have panned ther camera over to the graham corner and counted heads a bit more than two over there .

Enjoy the bogus win the gift and the propaganda they get from beating all the ky champs and I hope graham and everyone who gets their kicks chokes on it ,in a tourny down the road from graham what did anyone suspect my wife and I saw the match with Schramm and said to each other I hope we don't get that ref and I said not much chance , well guess what we did , I hope he burns in skunk ref hell where dirty fat bas):)/>:$:$ go no longer a graham fan , hey everyone spend 20 bucks to Go wrestle live and be throw dummies for graham kids and they can pick you apart and use you for their advancement , nice racket I admire them use what you can , just don't like dirt crap when it's against my own kids , and if anyone in KY CC or anywhere else has a problem with it speak up I will be glad to let them know they shouldn't now down there's right and wrong pick your side , Stephen will move on soon after hammering some Ohio kids this week and Austin will take a lose Or two but not for long and now you know what my rep is for watch the match and ask yourself when you see Jordan jump in the air trying to get his kids two after he saw the ref call it out and the ref give the two. Why I have a rep ,

Funny I don't see me blasting Union or Union blasting me or mine in KY and our teams are huge rivals our move probably caused them a state title , ask coach Ervin what he thinks of the video I would like to hear a real coaches response . I think some x people even see the truth about the match ,

Either way I will bitch for quite a while and enjoy rooting against those that put such a dark mark on my sons sr yr with their pitiful tactics and the most obvious example of them using their rep to their advantage , More impressed by two brothers moving around playing ball and overcoming huge obstacles to wrestle than any wrestler ever at graham and their accomplishments Austin will poop on them before he's through just like everyone else , I will enjoy him running over their 220s in the yrs ahead pinning them in the first with no ref being able to cheat him ,.

Just watched the match on YouTube. First of all, its obvious that these 2 guys are outstanding wrestlers with incredible technique and work ethics. Both of them were extremely classy after the match. That being said.....Stephen got SCREWED on a horrible call. The ref CLEARLY signals out if bounds, which at that time the whistle should have been blown, but it wasn't. The ref let the action continue and then signaled 2 takedown. Gotta side with Mpire on this one. Can't believe CC's coaches didn't take that one straight to the table, could have been over turned. I was told a long time ago that you can only see someone's true heart and desire when they have to comeback and wrestle for 3rd. Congrats to Stephen for having the heart of a champion and coming back to take 3rd. Congrats to all the KY guys who went up there and represented. Ohio may be further along than we are in wrestling, but they now know that these KY boys aren't scared of a challenge and we will happily engage in a battle whenever they want some.

I look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand .and yes Stephen looked good against Schramm , have to say Schramm got robbed as well , Stephen could very well have had him in the semis had he not been robbed .

Also have to say Kevin gave Marrinelli hell .

I look forward to meeting you as well sir. I know we have gotten "chippy" in the past, but there is no doubt that we are 2 people extremely passionate for the sport (life) we love. Enough mooshy sh*t. Lol. Where can I find the Marrinelli/Cooper match?

Been there done nothing? Who has my kids beaten that brings your ignorance to this thread your an obvious hater go choke on some

Crow .

Big momma , nice post bad time to throw some poor kid like Davis under the bus , glad Aj might drop I like him don't want steph to beat him again , and Stephen will make Davis look like an idiot , going into OT with cooper as Aj did doesn't mean a thing different wrestlers different styles , Schramm is better than Davis and Stephen destroyed him he will obliterate Davis and make an example of him and anyone else in his class at Fairfield , his class will be a total killing field bring the body bags and make

No mistake friends or not everyone is in danger of getting embarrassed at 152 next week in Fairfield .best match will be Austin and Heimkreiter and Fausz and Sandlin if they meet . Best match I have seen all yr has been Austin and Heimkreiter they wrestle twice this week .

Watched match again in slow motion , at no point on the Mat before they were called out of bounds did Marinelli establish control he had one leg for the instant Stephen was on the ground not even close to being behind in control or establishing anything remotely resembling the points of control before Stephen was up and the ref waved them out waited and awarded two after Marinelli pulled a dirty move and took him down after he saw they were waved off graham coaches jumping and yelling all around for their chance to punk out a wuss ref and steal a match ,

CC coaches should have argued it .......... A lot .

Had I known Stephen would be openly cheated And a bad ref Was going to let a wrestler get by with taking a kid down so dirty after they were waved out l would have let him watch in the stands And let graham and their pets build their reps on the losses of others . Gmvwa is a dirty tournament with crooked refs. Graham kids obviously do not wrestle with the same set of morals preached in their room and their coach has no problem conning refs into GIVING his wrestlers points , no well it was close and it happens it's Graham garbage and it was obvious , as for making stars out of kids who are home schooled untill high school who are held back and get to wrestle three practices a day with all the best kids I'm the country , who couldn't do that , someone who never wrestled a day in HS could do it , quit with the name dropping of kids raised in more than spartan lifestyles , they may be great but their wins over normal kids are less than remarkable , and their use of the name they have created on the backs of kids who should be unbeatable not remarkable becase they are and the others that are drawn in is a testament to how crooked sports are and how naive average people are including , refs coaches and most fans .nice job Graham very admirable ,

And Ohio people need to quit ranting about a small school team in Ohio beating a large school team in KY it's kind of funny considering they have kids driving from Miamisbutg and up to an hour and a half away in order to wrestle for them .

Hardly a small school .

Surprised coach Ryan is gone he did great work for Graham and team Jordan . His son / sons are tough as nails Kyle Ryan was always an inspiratiuon and Cody always a go getter just like most of the Graham kids .

Lol you better watch the match fool it was called out called out then called takedown even the Ohio haters are saying the ref

Said he scored in bounds and saved the call or some ignorance , no question about wether the ref waved them out before Stephen hit his Ass and the graham wrestler knew they were out when Stephen stopped wrestling and he finished , your sucking up to graham or your KY buddies and I Dare any coach at CC to tell

Me it was the right call wether they think they should argue it or not , no one picked up any SAM and put him on his ass untill after the bogus ref called them out and he stopped , if anything it was a dirty move by the graham

Kid for going for a takedown after he knew they were called out ,

Both my boys know Stephen was cheated , keep running your mouth and you and your pals will learn what it's like to see their kids humiliated by a real wrestler not some poser you keep telling stories about you know nothing wannabe and your dumb a$$ doesn't know the difference between a slide bye or a throw bye and as for coaching your constant ramblings about billy bob looking like Johnny woo or Bruce lee are really entertaining , be sure to come watch Sam and ATM put all your wrestlers on their CANs or on their heads or in the air and off the top of the podiums .

Lol no haters like you cause trouble for kids like mine with your envy and ignorance and stir the pot attitude . And as for those child abusing so called coaches at grant none of them are even there this yr lol all

Of em are canned .

Lol

What would I do , if he got beat fair and he said that I would say well you better start coaching and training him better and he better get busy and I might do a few other things for being disrespected with some sterotypical ignorant comment :)/> but I would

Probably laugh ,

Now if me and his coaches sat down and watched the match together and any of them said it was the right call , I would quickly inform them that they should not be setting in the corner

Of any real wrestling matches because they do not know the rules , and that they are not intelligent enough to coach my kids . But I think they are I simply have to talk to one who I admire greatly and who did a great job motivating Stephen into coming back after the bs call and match with the graham sheltered wrestler and easily beating the rest of a decent field of wrestlers both of which came from his side of the bracket .

Make no mistake I think the CC coaches were nervous wrestling against Graham and I think they knew they wouldn't win a ca against them in their state near their home , but they should have argued more .

And Stephen did not quit untill the ref called it out it's not that your mistaken it's that your a piece of $;:t troublemaker and a wannabe , quit trying to be somebody by argument association your still a no body .and tell your pal

His kid is

Next

Let me ask. Isnt it if you are taking someone down as he is going out of bounds first your toes have to still be remaining in and second your knees have to be off of the mat? If so you can clearly see his knees are down. Its funny because next to the video on youtube when I watched it, youtube suggested I watch a video called "poor officiating" LOL Ironic huh

It is interesting to see that people would be so jealous of someone that they will follow them from message board to message board, just to bash them and their kids.

The wrong call was made. They were out of bounds according to the ref! Makes absolutely no difference where you think they were on the mat. You can not blow the whistle, call it out of bounds and then award one competitor a take down because the other quit wrestling at that point. This happens all the time with teams like Graham here in Ohio. The refs all to often let coaches call the match for them.

As for tournament toughness, Brecksville and MIT are both probably tougher top to bottom than GMVWA. Not to mention powerade. But I don't think that any weight class was tougher than 152 was at GMVWA at least not in Ohio.

I am pretty ashamed of my fellow Ohioans, but I don't think I have ever seen someone attack someone else on their very own team. Especially for simply stating the obvious. It takes a lot of guts to get on the Internet, claim to have brought someone to your program and then publicly say they are not a TRUE BRAVE. Seems to me that Buckeye (dig the screen name) might be more of a Brave than you are.

By the way your courage level insists that your rethink your screen name!

First... That so called "Takedown" did not make a difference in the match. The match was 6-3 and Marinelli got another takedown after his first one. So even if they were out of bounds the score is 4-3 and the Alex still wins.

Just to give you a heads up Roid Monkey, that same Ref will be at the Fairfield inv... good luck

Congrats KY wrestlers, you represented well! Nutter Center looks like a nice venue. As for the "controversial" match, well........No controversy. Takedown at edge in 2nd was legit. Even if it was called out of bounds Marinelli had a nice takedown in 3rd. So, still the same decision. A run through of the video shows Stephen with a very sweet slide by in 1st for a td. Nothing else of consequence in the period. 2nd: Marinelli chooses down and is out easily. Outside of the td at the edge we see Marinelli with three other shots and Myers with one. Further, Myers had trouble getting out from bottom (never did). 3rd: Myers down and gets out after 20 seconds or so. Myers continues to attempt slide by as he has all match. Never close to another takedown. Marinelli does very little and is rightfully hit with stalling early in period. Takedown near the end of period by Marinelli, Myers not remotely close to getting out. 6-3, fair and square. CC coaches never disputed the call. Are you going to call them out like you did at Moeller? Myers gracious in defeat, Mpire could learn from his son's example. You sound like an overbearing soccer mom. I recall you saying this tournament is way better than SWOWCA, Still feel that way? I saw too many small schools that watered down the brackets (poor Austin had to settle for thumping fish after fish. Not his fault though, he beat whomever they put in front of him). After looking over the results of this tournament, I would say CC can hang with the better schools in southwest Ohio in a duals format outside of Moeller.

It was a 2- 2 match in the second with Stephen getting the choice in the third and having the only takedown , he would have escaped

For the go ahead lead as you the ref and the graham coaches know , the score by Marrinelli late in the third doesn't mean anything Stephen had to make an attempt to score and Marrinelli who was called for stalling knew Stephen had to try and score and took advantage of it ,

Do not be ao stupid as to think people do not know the workings and tactics of a match give me a 2 to 2 match in the second with the choice in the third and I will win 80% of the time and everyone knows it , doesn't change crap and of course everyone will say well he scored again , had Stephen not got cheated he would have chosen down escaped as he did and gotten the lead back and then it's a totally different match and ending he would

Not have taken a sloppy shot on a have too attempt and Marrinelli would not have been able to counter and score ,

Same fat ref at Fairfield better stay out of my kids matches . And it will not matter kids will be to busy looking at lights to be helped out by fat piece if sh/! Refs who cheat out of state kids . Go back to Ohio or wherever your from or stick around and show the KY fans how there are haters who are just about trouble making either way my boys are winning state this yr and moving ahead , and

Stephen led the way for his brother to be A FOUR timer and Austin will squash Anyone at Graham Moeller Eds Ohio or Ky by his Sr yr .and he had the most dominant performance at GMVWA not the great Bo Jordan , faster pins and more points for his team ,just like the rumble , just like NHSCAs .

Otto ,another buckeye Jordan / graham fan ,

Stephen scored first Marrineli was defensive in the first after being scored on and with his escape in the second it was tied with Stephen getting choice in the third your statement about one shot attempt is ridiculous with marinneli shutting down in the first after getting scored on and how he stalled in the third knowing he got a gift lead , Stephen made knee pick attempts in the second as well as all match and tried to run Marrinelli over several times from their tie ups , there wasittle time for an escape in the second afte the takedown after they were called out , the ref Jordan and his wrestler knowing Stephen would get choice in the third and little chance of holding or turning him all period knew he would regain the lead and had to resort to dirty tactic for an edge , you cannot call wrestlers out of bounds then allow a takedown an award points for it it is clearly done in that order , of course Stephen tried for throw bye slide byes in the third anyone with a lead would protect their legs and with Marinelli trying to bang and brawl with everyone hi sloppy style opens up throw byes and slide byes , that's why Stephen scored with one so quickly in the first. Because he watched and listened to how his opponent wrestled and out wrestled him from the start , as for the late takedown in the third as you stated , down by 1 of course Stephen had to force a takedown and it opened him up to a counter ,

Your Ohio bias is a joke , your presumptuous arrogance with your in depth but false analysis trying to appear wrestling knowledgable and pulll the wool over all the KY faithful is a joke ,

Your an @$$ and excuse me for informing you that the good old folks in Ky can watch a match and see for themselves when a ref calls someone out the action stops and no takedown afterwards counts , as for everything after that point it doesn't matter it was a bs match Stephen had the only takedown to that point because he was the more talented and more intelligent wrestler , Marrinelli with decent skill and sise advantage has a great future but is a clos in comparrison , he has a defensive stance and a brawling style that opens him up to moves a nice style for his sise advantage but BORING compared to Stephen as he showed in his match with Schramm ,

Your arrogance and breakdown of The match only shows how your posts are aimed at showing how Ohio is so much better nothing you say is relevant because it is all suspect because of you proven agenda ,

Explain when there was a takedown when Marrinelli had control before the ref called it out , chasing a leg is not control getting a takedown of the mat after being called out is not control ,

Stephen did prove he was the better wrestler he wrestled his match untill he was cheated and had to go for it afterwards , he came back like a champ and smoked everyone else .

Graham Jeff Jordan and the Marrinelis can enjoy their ranking and glory hunt meanwhile anyone that watches the match their fans so quickly posted will be saying wait a minute that was bull shit ,

Ohio and its refs took advantage of having a good wrestler match up with a goid out of state wrestler with a ranking of his own clearly cheated him in a match that was going his way in order to build the rep of its own kids and becoming a bit more popular for beating a kid who left Ohio who was controversial anyway was another plus ,

Your heroes are flawed your refs are flawed and I'm glad I am who I am and how I am , My kids are more classy and better than any coach team ref tourny or person like yourself who would cheat them or deny a clear mistake or dirty call ,

Graham can choke on their cheap win and their dominance by kids that do not play by the same rules as others , funny an awful lot of Hooplah whenever my boys take the mat and I didn't wrestle at Wisconsin and don't make millions off of watching kids wrestle live in my room while the rest of the teams in the state follow different rules . Nit that it matters , bad call bad ref you suck

Let me ask. Isnt it if you are taking someone down as he is going out of bounds first your toes have to still be remaining in and second your knees have to be off of the mat? If so you can clearly see his knees are down. Its funny because next to the video on youtube when I watched it, youtube suggested I watch a video called "poor officiating" LOL Ironic huh

The rulebook states that the feet have to be inbounds and the knees can be on the mat or above the mat.

Not sure of any of that , doesn't matter what does the rules state about calling wrestlers of the Matt then a kid getting taken down and a ref awarding two , it probably says some ref is cheating for some in state powerhouse team that draws mass attention to Ohio wrestling ,

Not sure of any of that , doesn't matter what does the rules state about calling wrestlers of the Matt then a kid getting taken down and a ref awarding two , it probably says some ref is cheating for some in state powerhouse team that draws mass attention to Ohio wrestling ,

It does say that but the ref called a takedown and no one of consequence disagreed so the match went on and marinelli got his hand raised.

I noticed Sean Fausz won at 126. Is he gonna stay there or go back to 132 for state. The path to a state title will be much easier for him at 132.

I doubt Fausz is the type to run from competition.

Not true. You can take someone down and your knees hit out of bounds, as long as your feet come back down inbounds right away then it's a takedown.

Either way very defensive match, a take down match won by a beast of a freshman, really no mat wrestling at all.

Is Marinelli a true Freshman in age or has he been held back a year or two, he might be the biggest most developed looking freshman I've ever seen,

Sometimes things go your way sometimes they dont and you just hope theres enough time to overcome the bad calls. Meyers had time but couldnt get any offense going after falling behind. Congrats to both kids on maintaining composure and putting on a good match. Would love to see them go at it again, with a little more offense!

Marinelli is a true freshman. 14 years old with a February birth month. He is very impressive and even more so in this day and age of hold back athletes!

So what does that have to do with a bs call to get him the win , your another Ohio lets make a hero at all cost even a few cheap calls in not one but two matches , weak minded sycophant.,

It appears Ohio lost Kolodsick another great freshman last yr lol and now is need of a replacement and some national exposure for one of their fresh , what a joke it doesn't matter how old he is if he is 14 , or 12 or 19 like Bo it doesn't excuse a bad call .