Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

AWN High School Rankings dec 13

AWN rankings , as of Dec 13

Brock Ervin , 126 , Union. # 7

Stephen Myers , 152 , Campbell County , # 19

Seems one more Ky wrestler made the list than last time , still thinking they are not Ky friendly rankings ,

It is puzzling how a top seeded kid at Iron Man Thornberry at 220 fails to place , then drops to 195 and places

Fourth in a local regional tournament like Swowca losing to an unranked kid twice manages to make a top 20 national ranking .

Just saying some rankings get some kids right and others way off either way congrats to Brock he deserves a nice ranking after being snubbef by intermat ,

• Upvote 1

AWN rankings Dec 20th

Brock Ervin , 126 , Union ,# 7

Stephen Myers , 152, Campbell County , # 18

Good stuff but I think some others should be in there ,many are not at their weights or national tourny weight ,

145 is very possible for Stephen and others can make lower weights as well.

Looks as if a previously mentioned kid from sw ohio who was used to throw some KY kids under the bus got dropped .

I haven't looked over the rankings in total, however I thought Brock's results at Ironman may move him up a slot or two. Next opportunity for some kids will be at GMVWCA. A decent tournament, most weight classes have a stud or two.

Or five or six !!!!!!

I think there is only two or three KY schools there . Sk ,CC , Walton I think but I'm not sure .

Ok Ryle is in there as well nice showing of NKY schools there , a good group it's gonna be an awesome tournament .

There are an awful lot of rankings , USA wresting seems to be the best and most in depth with overalls as well as grade rankings , Win , Intermat and then there are others like AWN that seems to change every week or update , guess each has their own way of doing things and some look at different tournaments as better gauges , either way connect the dots if a kid is in a couple or a few he's probably legit!!!!!!!!!!!

Right on. Lots of different rankings. They provide a decent gauge of talent, but mostly provide entertainment. Should be a good tournament, though upperweights on the Ohio side of the river look a little thin on talent overall based on "rankings". SK, CC, Ryle, and WV make this tourney even better. It is a great weekend of wrestling in OH with GMVWA, Brecksville, and Medina all taking place.

Ohio always has a

Ton of lighter weights ranked high I do not recall them ever having as many heavier kids in the

National

Spotlight as light weights , but I do not know much past a decade or so , I have seen some

Pretty good heavier kids in Ohio though , Thomuseitt , Scales ,My friend Koz ,my friend T Johnson , and a bunch of others I cannot think of right now , I liked Walz from eds saw him win Fargo I guess people have defining moments and he impressed me i liked seeing Austin hang out with him it's good to have friends that seem to be good role models and he seemed like a good kid as well as a great wrestler ,

As for GMVA a lot of questions may get answered and as for heavier kids we are sending a good one and win or lose he will enter the ranks of those I mentioned before he is done . Maybe even surpass them who knows .

When you are looking at a class that may have Cooper , Davis , Kowall, Marinelli , Stephen ,Schramm,and god knows who else it's probably one of the toughest tournaments there is , Graham gives Gmva as much firepower as any other tourny , two state championship teams and a ton of nationally ranked not just state ranked kids All around ,I have not seen a normal

Tournament that can compare to it , Never seen brecksville or Medina , Cit was tough but not like GMVA at least in some classes .

Marinelli , is probably the favorite at that weight a 2 nd place showing at Iron Man is no small task , and he beat a kid that techd Cooper i Heard , that's pretty impressive . I think Davis from Middletown is there as well as Kowall both went into OT with Cooper at Swowca ,and then there is Schramm whom I hear a lot about but know little of another impressive Freshman . It's a beast of a class .

I am not much of an authority on Ohio 220s but I'm sure he does .

I'm sure everyone will have some studs in their class I guess there could be a weak class but There's probably a couple of hammers in every class .

As for best match ups.......I really haven't looked over potential match ups. I did look over weight classes and checked out the state "rankings" in each division. 106 has potential to be the most exciting class with Heidkamp, Stickley, Spiess, May, and Warner. The 38, 70, 82, 95, 220, 85 appear weak overall. Fireworks in semis at 45, 52, and 60 (if Stephen is 60). Better question might be where does Stephen go? He has opportunity to solidify his rank at 60, 52, or 45. I look for SK, Ryle, and CC to do well. I will be a bit closer to home at Medina.

Where would you go if you could make 145 ???

Doubt he hits 45 till NHSCAs or Fargo If he goes .

Well, I would say easiest route is at 45 as he would avoid Bo and Marinelli (and Cooper), but don't know when Stephen is eligible to get there. Is Hamilton certified for 40?

Stephen has already made his 152 weight for after Xmas , can't go 145 yet , doubt he does at least inn season ., yeah I guess it would be easier playing basketball lol .

I heard PH was certified for 40 , but his girl scout troop said they like him on the meaty side between fat and firm what I call skinny Fat , they ate afraid the girls will all follow suit if he diets to hard and with the problems of the last CC wrestlers they had in the troop those handful from 1990 something they want him to be a shining example of today's healthy young ladies/ gentalmen so HEs staying at 145 .