Sign in to follow this  
sbfraz

Youth Regions

Your not assigned to any region. You can wrestle in any region. To find out when and where go to faceook page Kentucky youth wrestling I believe.

Is this something that is new this year? Last year our region canceled the tournament (still not sure how that is possible), and we tried to get into another region's tournament and were told by the host that we could not. I'm trying to get a plan together earlier this year to avoid the same mess from happening again.

Regional Tournaments are a joke! I'm not even sure why we have them. I think the only reason we have them is so the hosting team can use it as a fund raiser. If you are going to have a Regional Tournament for STATE it should be to qualify for STATE.

• Upvote 1

The Region tournaments was set up so the host team knows the largest number possible of wrestlers that will be there. The fist year they were just to get an idea of how many wrestlers would be there but for some reason there were only around 300 in the whole state that in regions but the next week 1000 kids show up for state. That was a nightmare because we did weighin there expecting 300 when 1000 showed up made tourn. start about 3hrs late

Northern Ky is Region 3. The regional breakdowns used to be posted online but the website no longer exists at least that I know of. Your regional tournament is supposed to be held no more then 2 weeks before the state tourney. I have never heard of not being assigned to a region either.

Don't know if it's new or not. All I know is that last year we thought we were going to be out of town on then date of Blue's (my son) regional tourney. I was told we could go to any youth tourney in the state no matter where we we're from. But in then end we wasn't gone on the date of the tourney and he made his regional. So this is all I know. Hope it helps.