Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Recreating our records

I remember a couple years back before the hosting switch this site had a section detailing state champs and results, we have some of the in records section but we could have bigger records. This wasn't much of an issue since KHSAA had a good amount of the records on their site including region and state results back to 2002. But then they had to go and fix something that wasn't broke and those of us who want to reminisce are stuck with our rapidly fleeting memories. I doubt anyone has the time to fully go back and do something like filling out a bracket for the 1997 state tournament (I know I don't). But I was hoping that as a site we can work on preserving our records for ease of access. Compared to other states I always found Kentucky to be one of the easiest to read and having the most information and I don't want that to change

FCHS/

I can tell you for certain that the KHSAA has the state brackets at least back to 1971. (I gave them to Julian Thaket myself). I also gave him some statistics that I had compounded through those years.

He told me that he had tracked down copies of the state brackets all the way back to the first state tourney. He promised me copies of them however since he has become the Commissionor he has reniged on his promise to me.

I do not have these brackets on my computer only hard copies. I also stopped compiling my statistics in 2000 because Julian said he would keep it up to date after that year. I don't believe these records need to be re-created just put back on the website.