Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Ohio pride duals june 24th

We are in need of a 100lb wrestler this Sunday June 24th. You must be 14 yrs old or younger. We will be wrestling for a northern Ohio team that was looking for some missing weights. This will be a tough tournament. We currently have 3 ky wrestlers making the trip. I need to know ASAP if anyone is interested in making the trip with us.

Mason Smith 95

Dallas Miles 107

Harry Jenkins 114

Ridge valley High School

197 Brocklesby Rd

Caledonia, OH 43314

Weigh ins start at 8am and wrestling starts at 10 am

The team is still in need of a 100lb wrestler. The kids will be excited to know that the team coach is colin palmer.

Just got the call today. It sounds like there were some issues up north. I have contacted the wrestlers to let them know. Thanks trithis.

No problem dutch. Just looking out for you all.

Just to put this out there for anyone who will read this....if you are a parent of a kid who loves to wrestle and wants to get better, you might want to pm dutch and the guys he is coaching with because they have definitely put in the time and effort with their boys and put in a lot of mat time this spring/summer. Since February (after the State Tournament) the boys have wrestled and equivavlent of 2 full MS seasons. Just a thought.

Don't be surprised when you see their boys at the top of many podiums when the season rolls around.

Champions are made in the off season...What are your kids doing to get better.

Trithis thanks for the boost of confidence. Coach moore has been the leader of this off season. I can't thank him enough for the time he has devoted to this group of kids. From the 3 days a week of training (plate workouts,weights,etc) to the multiple tournaments and camp we have attended. Coach moore's passion to make the state of ky better not just the kids that wear his school colors is amazing. it didn't shock me that campbell county had 4 middle school state champs last year. I wish we had more coaches that truly cared about kids not just their program. Thank you coach moore. Any program would be lucky to have him.

Dutch...just calling it like i see it, hear it and read it. Yes, Coach Moore's passion has been amazing for the growth of the sport in this state and I hope he continues his reign because we could all utilize more of what he has.

You have to beat the best to be the best and when you can't, train with them...they will make you better.

My son has had the opportunity this off season to work with multiple coaches and wrestlers this off season. Each one of them have made some type of impact on him. I think I should thank them all for taking the time to give back to the sport. John roth, mike bankamper(and the rest of campbell county staff and wrestlers,dave barnes,eric cameron,matt lee,issac knable,mike dehart,nick spatola,stan martin,jessie leng,jeff jordan,tj rushell,mark meyers,randy wheeler,tom pretty. Everyone of these coaches have helped my son this off season and each one have been a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for you time and your passion for the sport

dutch - now that is something I haven't seen in a long time. A coach and a parent, publically thanking all of the people that have helped his son, just in this offseason alone. He's being modest because I know for a fact you are the number one supporter of your son. Not saying that everyone needs to take this same approach, but just look at all of the different people he and his son have come into contact with that are helping out....just this offseason alone. Very impressive. Class act!

Like I said before....don't be surprised when you see them on the top of many podiums when the season rolls around.

great point trithis. we spend way too much time being critical and not nearly enough time giving praise and thanks. says a lot about the type of people we are. maybe dutch will start a new trend.

I love to see kids who want to work and sacrifice to improve and get better and achieve lofty goals. That is what this sport is all about. The journey. We all want to be state champions, but at the end of the day only a handful of kids will stand on top of the podium. That doesn't make the others failures or losers (as some like to refer to them). So many of them are still able to look back on that journey and realize the significant strides they have made and growth they have achieved through their hard work and dedication. And when the boys are able to work with and develop friendships along the way it is pretty neat to see.

I forgot to mention one last person. Chris myers has also spent time with these wrestlers. Chris has a lot of experience in training champions. I think stephen and austins accomplishments speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1