Sign in to follow this  
handcontrol

Qualifying for the state tourney= joke

I know this has been brought up before but my goodness! We need the coaches association to step up and get the state motivated to reorganize the regions. Her are a few things I have noticed.

1. Region 4 might be the easiest region in the state to qualify for the big show! They have several wrestlers that did not win a match in the region that will participate in the state tourney.

2. Regions 1, 6, 8 (maybe others) have 12-14 teams. These regions could be split and still be larger than some of the others.

I have never been a fan of the 32 man bracket. The argument that it promotes participation is valid, but we all know it is about the money. I wish the khsaa would re-district and go back to the 16 man bracket.

• Upvote 1

The 32 man bracket does allow more kids to get to the sate tounament and in the new arena we wont have to deal with the eternal first round on just 4 mats. Another new factor will be a 2 instead of 3 day tournaent will some kids wear out faster? Will making weight only two times have an effect. No going back to the hotel betwen matches. It should be interesting.