Sign in to follow this  
ridingtime

SWOWCA - NKY results

Simon Kenton 6th place 123.0 points

Ryle 10th place 114.5 points

Walton Verona 24th place 60.5 points

Northern Kentucky teams were looking good at one of Cincinnati’s toughest tournaments this weekend. Cincinnati typically doesn’t give KY any respect but if you’re looking on Yappi everyone is praising the level of talent were bringing across the river.

Simon Kenton is looking well put together as they lead the tournament for over half of the first day. SK is currently #1 in the standing for Region 6 this year, they beat Ryle in a heads up dual and Ryle beat Campbell just last week. I know everyone isn’t situated at their weights yet but SK seems to have it together so far. Cooper won the tournament with a 3-2 win over a tough kid that looked like the Russian figher Drago from Rocky. Parrot was very tough losing a close one in the finals 4-2.

Ryle has some studs, I love the way that Ahern is wrestling. He lost a close one in overtime during the finals yesterday. That kid is always hanging on to something and keeping scrambles alive. Ruschell lost a close one in the Semis 2-1, other than that he handle everyone else with ease.

Surprised to see Clay Brown at 132, kid hit a growth spurt over the summer.

106:

Logan Erdman – Ryle 4th

113:

Jake Erdman – Ryle 8th

120:

Joey Parrott – SK 2nd

Gus Adams – Ryle 4th

132:

TJ Ruschell – Ryle 3rd

Clay Brown – Walton 8th

138:

Cory Ahern – Ryle 2nd

145:

Kevin Cooper – SK 1st

Logan Jones – Walton 6th

152:

Lane Jones – Walton 5th

160:

Jacob Clark – SK 8th

170:

Hiero Chamblee – SK 6th

• Upvote 1

It's a nice tough tournament which is in all honesty, probably tougher then the Kentucky State Tournament. And he best part is part two is next week at the GMVWA (Dayton Holiday Tournament) with around 40 teams. Simon Kenton, Ryle and Campbell County will be there!

I guess it depends if all the teams are at full strength. Are we adding in the smoking guns....LOL? Folks back from academic vacation, injury ect? If we are going by just what we saw this weekend, I would have to say SK.