Sign in to follow this  
pioneer_pride

JV Regionals & State

Has there ever been a JV state tourney? I remember back in the day there used to be jv regionals, i haven't heard anything about this lately...do these still go on? It seems to me like with the growth of m.s. wrestling, a lot of schools will begin to have pretty full jv squads as a result of 9th graders continuing and being stuck behind jr's and sr's. I think a jv regional & state would be pretty awesome for this state.

What do you guys think?

I agree it would be a good idea. It would take a lot of work though and there would be some scheduling problems. It would also give the JV kids more confidence. One another note it would solve the problem of whether or not to allow more than one wrestler to be entered at each weight class at regionals.

I think there should be a Regional and State for JV. They work just as hard as the Jr's & Sr's. They need to shine just like everyone else. They need to know that hard work pays off.

:twisted: i dont think its a good idea. Thats what wrestle offs are for the best wrestler wrestles varsity.Then when one person loses that just makes them want to work harder to get better to win the next time.

152vhs - JV wrestling is there to give experience to kids that are not quite good enough for varsity, but will be soon enough. I think it would only improve our state to have more jv tournaments.

would this be something that would have to be sanctioned by KHSAA?? I assume it would be...any coaches out there know how this could get started?

Sign in to follow this