eville dad

Oldham County wins Cincy Nationals

Congrats to Coach Frank Gercak and his wrestlers on the Oldham County Wrestling Club!

They went up to Cincy Nationals (Folk/Greco/Free) last weekend and took home the team trophy!

Nice article in the Courier Journal today!

Congrats to Coach Frank Gercak and his wrestlers on the Oldham County Wrestling Club!

They went up to Cincy Nationals (Folk/Greco/Free) last weekend and took home the team trophy!

Nice article in the Courier Journal today!

Is there a link to the article?

is this the three day one where u wrestle one then another then another and if u win all three u get a huse medal?

Yes, You wrestle all 3 styles (Folk, Free, Greco) and can medal in each style.

Cincy Nationals is an Ironman tournament. Consist of tournament for each style:

folkstyle, freestyle and greco. The results of all tournaments are totaled for each wrestler and the one with the most points is the winner or "Ironman". The medals for the Ironman has been a large medal the size of a dinner plate. The wrestlers can also medal in one or more styles without winning the overall "Ironman" award.

Couldnt find a link

It was a short couple paragraphs in the "Kentucky Spotlight" section. Unfortunately they dont put the entire section on the net or at least I couldnt find it.

The article listed:

Ryan Houchens @ 189lbs 1st Greco-1st Free-4th Folk

Antonio Zeppa @ 125lbs 1st Free - 2nd Folk

Trey Morlatt @ 135lbs 3rd Greco

Derek Nickel @ 215 2nd Greco - 2nd Free - 3rd Folk

Hope I didnt leave anyone out!

Couldnt find a link

It was a short couple paragraphs in the "Kentucky Spotlight" section. Unfortunately they dont put the entire section on the net or at least I couldnt find it.

The article listed:

Ryan Houchens @ 189lbs 1st Greco-1st Free-4th Folk

Antonio Zeppa @ 125lbs 1st Free - 2nd Folk

Trey Morlatt @ 135lbs 3rd Greco

Derek Nickel @ 215 2nd Greco - 2nd Free - 3rd Folk

Hope I didnt leave anyone out!

One correction and an addition. Ryan Houchens won the Ironman and had 1st, 1st and 2nd. Michael Whitehouse took 2nd in all three styles at 100 lbs. Wrestlers from Doss, Hardin County (NoOX Wrestling Club), and Ryle also participated with the team. This was really a group of Kentucky wrestlers that was put together by the OC Wrestling Club.

Mason Reid from Ryle took third in Greco, third in freestyle, and first in folkstyle at 189, for third overall. Bryan Peace wrestled 145 and placed fifth in Greco, third in freestyle and first in folkstyle for third overall, as well.