Sign in to follow this  
moosenuckle

Battle of the Bridge

What wrestlers are actually gonna go and wrestle in this on march the 30th. I know some kids wont make the weight and some wont want to pay the money.

I am disappoint in the views of wrestlers pertaining to battle of the bridge. I think this is an excellent opportunity to showcase skills of wrestlers from southern Indiana and Jefferson co.. Plus PROMOTE the sport of wrestling, this is something I don't feel wrestlers, coaches or athletic directors do very well.

I will be in attendance, I will pay for a ticket and enjoy the evening. I don't have a dog in the fight, I am a retired coach and enjoy high school and college wrestling.

I am certain kids would want to participate in the event, but the event was limited to the top to placers from Louisville wrestling the top two from southern Indiana. The two wrestlers I had qualify for the event are both seniors. My two seniors are done with wrestling and some of the other wrestlers are already playing their next sport. I have plenty of guys who want to wrestle right now, but under the terms of the "Battle of the Bridge" they are not eligible. I think it is a good idea, but the criteria for qualifying for the event needs to change if there is going to be full participation.

Coach Tim Harbison of Manual is heading up the Jeff. Co. squad. I know that there are some holes in the line-up, so please contact him if you are interested in wrestling. The last email he sent to me stated that he needs:

130 (137)

140 (147)

215 (222)

There may be other needs. Send him an email: cpikemilo@aol.com