Sign in to follow this  
kdsmith27

2011 USAW/NWCA Scholastic Duals‏

Greetings! I hope this email finds everyone well. You are receiving this email because you are either a USAW state leader or you were the contact for the Junior and Cadet National Duals.

I hope that everyone had a great High School season. Some of you have completed your state tournaments while others are in the thick of things. As this college and high school season approaches its conclusion, I wanted to ask you to please take a moment to turn your attention to the USAW/NWCA National Scholastic Duals. The NWCA has been gracious enough to partner with USAW in opening this event up to our USAW state teams. This partnership is an effort to provide more quality national folkstyle programming for our USAW members. John Cook and the NWCA promise to run a first rate event. It is our hope that this event will morph into something bigger and better that any team folkstyle event out there. This event is in no way meant to substitute our ongoing Freestyle and Greco-Roman season. It is only meant to hopefully provide more inclusion from your respective state high school coaches and athletes.

USA Wrestling now sanctions the Scholastic Duals as one of its official national championships. The facilities for this event are excellent, and hopefully the number of states competing, and level of competition will continue to increase. The tournament is only eight weeks away, with registration on April 14th and the competition on April 15th and 16th.

I have attached the information packet that you also received previously. Please feel free to contact me or John Cook with any questions or concerns. John’s contact information is in the packet.

I know that most of you have been tied up with other duties, but your efforts in trying to fill a state team for this event would be appreciated. PLEASE....please take a moment to reply to this message. Please inform John of your states intentions....1. that your state definitely plans to participate (please include the number of teams you plan to bring)....or 2. your state's participation is uncertain at this time....or 3. your state does not plan on participating in 2011. This information is essential to our planning.

Sincerely,

Pete Isais

Director of National Events

USA Wrestling

6155 Lehman Drive

Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Phone: 719.598.8181 ext. 608

Fax: 719.598.9440

Email: pisais@usawrestling.org

WWW.USAWRESTLINGEVENTS.COM

2011 NWCA - USA WRESTLING National Scholastic Duals Packets1.pdf

Sign in to follow this