Ranger123

Rebel Rankings - 2006/2007 Preseason #2

Pioneer I think you are probably correct.

Way back in the stone age when I wrestled our 112 who was my drill partner pushed over 210.  Our 119 who I know very well  :-D pushed over 220.  Niether of them were the strongest in their wt. classes either.

If you want to see some real beasts head north across the river into Ohio or Penn.  They are monsters up there.

You guys are right, though, I have had team members come out of a match against Rashad saying different things... The ones who lost said, " He's not as strong as he looks."  The ones who won said that he was the stongest kid they ever wrestled.

robbie vaughn from simon kenton should be something to look at at 112 because at cumberland he beat bates 9 to nothing all though he weighed bout 5 more pounds than bates but still 9 to nothing is something to think about and last season vaughn beat supe by 10 points

and also Ryan Vaughn from simon kenton should be another thing at 152 some people think that he has a chance to place also his partner is going to be josh cooper this whole year just something to think about

Pioneer I think you are probably correct.

Way back in the stone age when I wrestled our 112 who was my drill partner pushed over 210.  Our 119 who I know very well  :-D pushed over 220.  Neither of them were the strongest in their wt. classes either.

If you want to see some real beasts head north across the river into Ohio or Penn.  They are monsters up there.

We are talking free weights and benching, not the machine? I know some old guys that can bench 220 on the machine and not over 185 with free weights.

yes, free weights.  believe it or not....our 98 lber who benched around 185 actually wrestled another 98 lber from indiana and got MUSCLED around....he asked the kid after the match what he benched and he claimed he benched 225.  that's a lot for a 98 lbs kid, but not impossible.  basically i'd say most kids that are considered "the strongest" for the weight class...probably max over twice their weight.  i don't think this is unbelievable.

We didn't lift a single day when I was in school.  I wrestled 112 as a senior and I think was one of the strongest guys at my weight.  Within a year after graduating I started really lifting.  With my weight at 125 (I could easily have made it to 119, maybe still 112) I maxed out at 250.  Free weights only; no machines for me.

You guys are right, though, I have had team members come out of a match against Rashad saying different things... The ones who lost said, " He's not as strong as he looks."  The ones who won said that he was the stongest kid they ever wrestled.

This brings up a good point....Rashad can probably bench press a lot....but who knows about the rest of his lifts.  I would say as far as wrestling goes, bench press is probably the least important lift.  Legs, grip, & back are probably the 3 most important.  A wrestler that actually "feels" strong or wrestles strong, most likely is strong in these areas....more so than benching a lot.  Alrighty, sorry to get so far off topic.

We are talking free weights and benching, not the machine? I know some old guys that can bench 220 on the machine and not over 185 with free weights.

Benching machine???   :-D :-o  We did not have those in my day.  At least our school did not.