Sign in to follow this  
thomam

HORSEPOWER FINAL PARTICIPATION NUMBERS AND REVIEW

Freestyle participants = 63

Folkstyle participants = 121

Great numbers for a first year tourney.

Thank you to those that attended the Horsepower Spring Tournament. Overall I think it went pretty well. I would like extend a thank you to the Cobra Wrestling Club who helped run the freestyle tournament. You guys were a huge help. Also thanks to Keith Smith for all of his help signing up more members and finding card numbers. Thanks to Coach Founder of Central for helping host and presenting us with this opportunity to run this tournament. Thanks to Calieb Ray's mother for being our paramedic. Thank you to my parents and Audra Hatchell, Jay Hall, Dana Taylor, and Mrs. Carter. I'm sure there are several people I am leaving out. I was running around the whole time crazy so I didn't get to thank a lot of people in person or even meet some of these people that were helping us. If I did not mention you I apoligize.

If you have any constructive criticism it is appreciated. Hope to see you at Central for the State tournament on May 14th and 15th.

I second everything that Coach Thomas said.  In looking to change things up and keep it going, we have structured Saturday a little different.  We will do both styles on 2 mats with constant action.  It is our goal to have every mat going at all times. 

9:00 PeeWee-School Boy Folkstyle

Cadets and above Freestyle

1:00 PeeWee-School Boy Freestyle

Cadet and above Folkstyle

It was very helpful to have the registration papers already filled out upon registering.  I will encourage remote weigh- ins also.  We already have one happening at McCreary Central.  Any questions contact me.  I will post all sheets and a new post on Monday.

Thanks for putting on a off season tournament.  I wish more schools would step up and increase the opportunity to wrestle.  The refs did a great job by the way.  :lol:

Sign in to follow this