overtimeking

standout wrestlers from region 8

Standout to me is a good shot at medaling.

McCreary (5) - Stevens (especially if he makes 152), Harlow (if he stays at 171), Jacob Watson, Roe, Espinoza. I assume Steven Watson would just replace one of these guys if he is good enough.

Sheldon Clark (5) - Matt Slone, Howard, Dials, Kelly, Chaffin

Wayne (4) - Sullivan, Vinsant, Daniels, Winchester

Johnson Central (3) - Salyers (at 103; or Jude if Salyers doesn't make it), Spencer, Freeman (surprise pick)

ryan kelly dosent impress me all that much but ive only seen him wrestle a few times and im not saying hes a bad wrestler im just saying shelton clark made it seem like he was a great wresler

For a freshman that wrestles a weight that is mostly a upperclassman weight he did do pretty good but back to the topic someone said standouts are people who place the the who sheldon clark team, SC has placed from 12-14 guys each year but dont get me wrong if you think about it region 8 isnt a very big region so a lot of times place most or all of there wrestlers

What makes you say that, jimmy? Though last year's finish was a little short of what was expected, he has wrestled right with the best wrestlers in the state the past few years, and beating a good number of them (remember he was a last secon takedown away from the finals in his freshman year). When I saw him wrestle last year I was very impressed, and when I saw him wrestle this summer he had put on some muscle and was no longer getting thrown around by his 112 lb peers. I imagine if Spencer isn't running, lifting, and wrestling this summer he might fall off the table, but from the coaching he has, his consistant success in the past, the off season performances and appearence this summer I would say that there is a good likelihood that Corey Spencer will be no less forceful than ever before...perhaps even moreso...

What makes you say that' date=' jimmy? Though last year's finish was a little short of what was expected, he has wrestled right with the best wrestlers in the state the past few years, and beating a good number of them (remember he was a last secon takedown away from the finals in his freshman year). When I saw him wrestle last year I was very impressed, and when I saw him wrestle this summer he had put on some muscle and was no longer getting thrown around by his 112 lb peers. I imagine if Spencer isn't running, lifting, and wrestling this summer he might fall off the table, but from the coaching he has, his consistant success in the past, the off season performances and appearence this summer I would say that there is a good likelihood that Corey Spencer will be no less forceful than ever before...perhaps even moreso...[/quote']

he seems to be getting worse every year.

Come on Jimmy don't be so hard on Spencer. Spencer will be fine this upcoming season. I heard he's lifting weights and training hard over the off season like all wrestlers should do. Next season I believe you will see a total different wrestler than we saw at the regional and state level because from what I'm hearing he is working hard over the off season and if he listens to his coaches he will be one of the best in the weight class he chooses to compete in.

Cory Spencer is a hard working kid... I don't see a reason why he wouldn't do good next year. Howard should be another finalist, with a high possibility of winning depending on the weight class. Sullivan and Slone are both quality wrestlers and I think Slone is getting better every year.