Sign in to follow this  
Just Wrestle

Ok, its that time of year again..

If the KHSAA is going to name a team champion, there needs to be a seeding set up for individuals.  Or, just use state duals as the team state championship and state tournament ONLY for indivuals.

We'd have to hold a state duals first.

Great point by BigCoach.  It does matter to teams going for the team title.  And it does make a difference to a wrestler if the #2 wrestles the #1 in quarters or the finals.  Big  difference.

I could live with a 32 man bracket but would rather go back to 16.  But its not fair to not seed.  And don't give me the life isn't fair line.

As my high school coach told me,"#%|\^!, you need to do all of these better than anyone else. And, you need luck." ~ Andy Powell

I agree that we come to Frankfort to find out who is the best and not second best.  But allow me to throw out a legitmate reason why we need to seed at state tournament.

We come to NOT ONLY FIND OUT THE INDIVDUAL STATE CHAMPIONS, but we also come to name a TEAM STATE CHAMPION.

Bracketing does indeed determine the team state champion.  Let me give you two examples from just this year and how the blind draw plays a role in determining the team champion.  At 112, you have Ruschell and Fahy, by all rights, meeting in the semis.  Ruschell would be the three seed and should, if seeded get a chance to advance to finals and score points for his team by meeting Paden instead of Fahy in the semis.  Olhman has a brutal draw, meeting Sloane in the quarters and Shotwell in the semis.  While we will determine individual state champions, these two draws will also determine the team state champion.

If the KHSAA is going to name a team champion, there needs to be a seeding set up for individuals.  Or, just use state duals as the team state championship and state tournament ONLY for indivuals.

So what you are saying is we need to seed the tournament to have a true Team Champion, and like i said before the only way to do this is to seed all 32 wrestlers. Every point counts and to make it fare for all teams to place as high as they can we need to seed everyone, not just the top 4 or 8. Also it wouldn't matter where you place at regions, you could end up with all four placers in the same side of the bracket at state if that is the way the seeding fell. Then if someone droped out then you would have to change the whole bracket.