Sign in to follow this  
CERON

North Oldhams Mustang Classic

First i want to thank North Oldhams Wrestling staff and parents for doing a great job with the tournament tonight!! 

To the idiots who don't understand:  North Oldham did a great job with all the teams that showed up. this sport is about the kids, if you didn't realize that. They gave an opportunity to alot of kids who didn't get to wrestle last week because of the weather. Allowing them to get more quality matches in before regions without sitting out for two weeks. People complained but they didn't have to open the tournament to anymore teams. Without this weekend of wrestling, some of the kids could be a little rusty without live action from other opponents. For those who complained, you didn't have to come, but i bet you were satisfied with the wrestling throughout the night.

This is about the kids, let them live in their glory of the sport. You never know what they are going through at home, this could be the only time they feel anything. As coaches and fans, lets make them feel loved for the their accomplishments and entertainment they provide us at these events.

First i want to thank North Oldhams Wrestling staff and parents for doing a great job with the tournament tonight!! 

To the idiots who don't understand:  North Oldham did a great job with all the teams that showed up. this sport is about the kids, if you didn't realize that. They gave an opportunity to alot of kids who didn't get to wrestle last week because of the weather. Allowing them to get more quality matches in before regions without sitting out for two weeks. People complained but they didn't have to open the tournament to anymore teams. Without this weekend of wrestling, some of the kids could be a little rusty without live action from other opponents. For those who complained, you didn't have to come, but i bet you were satisfied with the wrestling throughout the night.

This is about the kids, let them live in their glory of the sport. You never know what they are going through at home, this could be the only time they feel anything. As coaches and fans, lets make them feel loved for the their accomplishments and entertainment they provide us at these events.

ceron, i agree with you whole heartedly, i am so mad about THIS, i cant believe these people would say or do these kind of things! what kind of society do we live in. wait , what is it we are complaining about? i have no clue what you are talking about, you began a thread without any insight as to what the problem may be. didnt your mom tell you that drinking and posting doesnt mix. if you happen to throw your thoughts together and post them,  i will support you 100% .( that is unless grapplesack or olymic wish support you , in which case i will have to disagree.)

floridafan, when I read the post sober I didn't understand it. I drank a fifth of my strongest brew and suddenly his post made sense. Now I am hungover and sober but I can't remember how ceron's post made when I was intoxicated. Damn, need to drink again and get back with you.

Hey Ceron:

Could you explain what happened at the Mustang Classic?  I must have missed something while I was abducted by aliens.  I tried "grabmysacks" solution but it didn't work. 

Please help before they take me back to the planet MEMNOCK :-D

floridafan, when I read the post sober I didn't understand it. I drank a fifth of my strongest brew and suddenly his post made sense. Now I am hungover and sober but I can't remember how ceron's post made when I was intoxicated. Damn, need to drink again and get back with you.

grapplesack, you have had plenty of time to lose your sobriety and get liqoured up, if you dont speak up now on agreeing or disagreeing with cerons non argument, i will be forced to consult with GOO,s alien keepers and agree to disagree with myself.

The only complaint I had was there was a lot of wasted down time.

I think everyone is appreciative that the tournament was not canceled, and was a great opportunity to get matches in before regionals. But I was told someone hit a button that erased the brackets and results, that was the first break. Accidents happen, but at some point opposed to holding everybody there for 13 hours, a pen and paper would have been a little quicker. 

All in all a good tournament, hope we go every year, just not some much down time.

The only complaint I had was there was a lot of wasted down time.

I think everyone is appreciative that the tournament was not canceled, and was a great opportunity to get matches in before regionals. But I was told someone hit a button that erased the brackets and results, that was the first break. Accidents happen, but at some point opposed to holding everybody there for 13 hours, a pen and paper would have been a little quicker. 

All in all a good tournament, hope we go every year, just not some much down time.

Actually, a 112 was accidentally put in the 103 class and a HW was put in the 215 class.  It was an input error, and the coaches failed to catch it when reviewing the brackets.  The mistake wasn't caught until the tournament was started.  The options were to find a way to add them to the brackets without affecting the matches in progress, or not let them wrestle.

We didn't want to penalize the kids for a mistake the adults made, so we had to regenerate 4 of the brackets.