140: Murton, B. Sanders, J. Sanders, Coomer

145: Aylor, J. Cooper, Courtney

152: Wolseifer, A.Cooper, Fyffe

160: Rupp, Walls

171: Phillips, Kelly, Jones

189: Starks, Wenninger, Franks

215: Shrerer, Byrd, Wise, Hardin

HWT: Clark, Stone, Burdine

These are only guesses, just for fun. What's yours??

git'r'done,

I will admit that I don't know much about the rest of the state other than Woodford County. But based on my knowledge of the Woodford Co program those don't look to be very good to me. First of all, I think Shane Parks will place top three next year assuming he can make 103. I'll agree with 112 because Caleb won it last year, but I think John Smith will give him a serious run for his money. Everyone has probably already heard my arguments for Coty Lewis so I won't even get started on him. I like the 125 predictions, but I don't think Parker will be back at 125, he's so tall and once he fills out he could be as big as 150 something. Once again I like the prediction at 130, Butler is a very talented wrestler that often gets overshadowed by Lewis, Parks and Courtney. I think he's a real contender. At 145 you have Courtney placing third? I don't see how that will happen, he will dominate whatever weight he's at, unless Murton is there. Chad Fyffe is a strong individual who will improve greatly this year from simply being in the Woodford practice room. I worked out with him a couple of weeks ago for the first time and he impressed me with his determination and work ethic; however he does need to sharpen his moves more. At 171 I think you have to include Will Starks in there. Last year he lost to Ervin who everyone agrees was the best wrestler there last year 10-7, and I think Will had Ervin on his back at least once, maybe twice. Just look at who his practice partners are. 189 is right on the dot, I don't care who is behind Starks, it doesn't matter. At 215 I would have to agree simply because Byrd hasn't beaten Scherer yet. However Byrd had both matches won at the WCI and the state finals and his inexperience cost him both times. Next year look for Scherer to be dethroned. Byrd is very tough, can score on single legs, and as we all know is very dangerous with the lateral drop. Finally at 275 Goodrich has to be included. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations, but this year will be his breakout year. The man moves well, and has great practice partners, and he defeated Clark at the King of the Bluegrass last year.

I don't mean this post to be an attack, just my opinion. Personally I think we have 8 potential champs next year. I don't think all of them will do it, but wouldn't that be awesome!?!

I didn't think the order indicated who was 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ... i just thought it was a guess at top 3. Because, I think Derek Scott would take either Butler or Miller. But looking back, it appears it is that way.

Scott had possibly the most difficult path through the bracket last year at 125, but he still got the job done. That isn't lost on me.

I agree, from what a couple wrestlers told me, Butler is better than what he's gotten credit for.

These are going to be in order, and i'm sorry woodford fans if i'm not going to suck you off and give all your guys the credit they so despirtly crave and the attention they want so bad... So go cry about it you babies!! Yeah i said what everyone else wants to say and they can kick me off this site but i'm tired of hearing woodford this and woodford that and then when it comes to out of state competition what happens??? They got whooped, they lost by nearly 200 points in ohio and let me guess the team all cried together didnt they... anyways

103: Sullivan, Slone, Spencer and Johnson

112: Wood, Voth, Smith and Puckett

119: Bryant ( quit bashing him), Lewis, Jackson and Brown

125: Warner, Miller, Parks, ?

130: Scott, Parker, Rust, Maynard

135: Murton (MVW) Thuenerman, Courtney, Peace

140: Sanders, Cooper, Ervin, ?

Thuneman can beat Courtney, and actually did last year. He weighed in slightly over one meet and wrestled up a class. He beat Courtney 8-6 or something like that ... not a romp ... but a win. Definitely not impossible to happen again !

Yes, Maynard graduated.

i'm sorry i was checking khsaa and it didnt have him as a senior so i wasnt sure, again those are just how i feel things will turn out but thats me...

I'm glad you got that off your chest, I really am. First of all I've never said that Woodford could compete out of state, you can check all of my posts on that one. We've been talking about the top three in KENTUCKY, not Ohio or any other state. If you want to talk about KY teams in out of state tournaments then start a thread about it.

Secondly, I have never heard any of the Woodford wrestlers talk about credit for what they did or attention that they want. They don't need to ask the rest of the state for attention, it comes naturally with the territory. I talked to the team after they got their collective butts kicked in Ohio and none of them cried about it or anything like it. They simply said they lost and you know what, they took it like men. Maybe the thrashing was good for them; after all they did what I had been saying they were going to do all year when state came around, they DOMINATED.

I'm sorry if nobody in the state likes Woodford County. Guess what? I don't care, Coach Carr doesn't care, and I don't think the wrestlers who work their tails off care either. The only thing they care about is another state title. I haven't heard any of them talking trash on any other teams or any individual wrestlers. In fact Coty Lewis and Caleb Wood happen to be good friends (wow, did you think that just because he lost on a controversial call he would be a bad sport about it? Heaven forbid that a Woodford wrestler actually be a good person!!) My girlfriend just offered a piece of advice to me for the rest of you who hate us, the more I think about it, the better it sounds. "Maybe you'll should work to be the best you can be and take the target off our backs. Working out all year round just to beat Woodford hasn't been working for the past 30 years or so. Maybe you should change your strategy."

You know my dad always told me that old athletes who talk trash probably weren't that good in the first place. Maybe you should change your name from hasbeen to NEVERWAS.

you know i was actually considering that name, but i just didnt fit cause unlike you in my last high school match i wasnt embraced in front of two thousand people...so maybe you should change your name to i'm a college guy talking crap to a high school graduate...and thats the way it is cause a HASBEEN said so

Hey, AllAmerican157. I've heard too many times about how hard Woodford works. You don't have a monopoly on it.

If its all about hard work making you the best, then i'd say LaRue works harder than Woodford. LaRue kept up with Woodford well considering they're a small school. Maybe we can attribute LaRue overcoming the student body size difference to working harder than Woodford ? Maybe Woodford needs to practice harder based on that reasoning.

8 champs is a ridiculous claim, even 5. I heard the claim of 5 last year, how many champs did you have again ? I think just one. Its good to have pride in your program, but claims of 5 champs (even more ridiculous with claims of eight) is undoubtedly gonna rile people up as it did HasBeen i think.

I didn't think it was right launching an attack the way HasBeen's thread was worded, but i agree with the sentiment somewhat. Immediately you responded with work harder, which is the cookie cutter line implying no one puts out the effort of Woodford. I'd say it has to do with the coaching perhaps combined with them working as hard as ALL top teams do, not that they outwork everyone.

By the way, be honest. If you didn't care people didn't like Woodford, you wouldn't have responded.

Now you've got me confused. If you are a hasbeen then you were something at one time, but if you weren't embraced by two thousand people your last match then you didn't place your senior year. And since most wrestlers do better as they get older then you probably didn't place at all in high school (to me that sounds like a neverwas). Unless of course you never wrestled at all (if that's the case, what are you doing on this website talking trash?) Also I never talked trash to you until you attacked the Woodford wrestlers who are not here to defend themselves. I simply posted my opinion and moved on. Does it scare you that I have that much confidence in them?

I never said Woodford had a "monopoly" on hard work. I never even said they were the hardest working team in the state (although I think they are). All I hear about LaRue is how well they've done considering the size of their school. Boohoo, cry about it. We are dealt our cards in life and we play them. Sometimes certain people or schools in this case get luckier than others (Joe Carr). But if you think about it Woodford didn't get lucky in Coach Carr deciding to coach there. At one time he was a "free agent", able to go to any school in the state. Coach Parks did an excellent job in recruiting him. I will agree that the biggest factor in Woodford's success is Coach Carr, hands down no contest. That doesn't mean that Woodford doesn't work as hard or harder than the rest of the state. It simply means that their hard work, along with the impeccable coaching equals state championship, after state championship, after state championship, after state championship (oh I'm sorry I don't have enough room to list them all on here, oops!).

I don't apologize for saying that we will have 5 state champs next year, even 8. If you read that post I stated that I don't think they will all do it, it just doesn't happen. But what's wrong with reaching for the stars? Do you know why Woodford wins EVERY YEAR? Because we know we're better than the rest of the state. We're not cocky, just confident, and we're not afraid to tell the world (at least I'm not).

I really don't care if you'll don't like Woodford, it doesn't matter to me, I'm gone, out of there. But what I don't like, and I won't tolerate is calling those kids cry babies simply because they lost an out of state tournament. They didn't cry about it, they just worked harder and dominated AGAIN. Once again, if you want to beat Woodford then do what it takes, whatever that may be. Just don't expect us to let it happen.

Right, i picked up on your opinion correctly about your opinion of who works harderst. Why you complaining about assuming it just to have you go and state explicitly thats your opinion ? I'd call that good intuition, not a crime.

When i wrestled, we worked until i almost vomited each day. And i ran 3.1 miles in 17:00 minutes in Cross Country, had a heart rate of 56, and therefore came into wrestling in primetime condition. If Woodford works so much harder than it takes a guy in that physical condition to nearly lose his lunch, i'll kiss your a_s. Seriously. :)

Its fair to say do what it takes to beat Woodford. I completely agree with that. There's an old saying that goes ... "Work smart, not hard." I suggest that Woodford's success stands on "work smart and hard", which is a reflection of their coaching. Their coaching is awesome, there is no denying that. And i really like the fact that Woodford went to that Ohio tourney where they got smoked, it takes a big man to do that ... that always makes you better.

My claim LaRue works harder than you was intended mostly to get your attention. I guess i have !! Although god forbid, i must say, logically and rationally speaking LaRue has to be doing something better than everyone else considering they've made up their disadvantage in student body size. Reason it out, don't mock it and throw a blanket over it. I think per-capita LaRue is the best team in the state. Last year at least.

i agree with you grapplinfan, it would be very unlikely woodford would have all of their team state championships if they had the student population that Larue has. it's pretty hard to build a program like they have at a smaller school. not taking away from what woodford has done. they are the cream of the crop from our state wrestling speaking....but at a smaller school, it would definitely be a lot harder.

as far as woodford losing badly to that Ohio team, i believe they finished 2nd in oh d-2. that team would probably beat any team ever from kentucky...that's nothing to cry about, at least they tried. i hope someday they get another shot and beat them.

Big school, small school, it doesn't matter, you have to remember that each program is kind of breeding kids to wrestle, Larue and Woodford(along with other teams) introduce wrestling to their kids by the time they can comprehend what they are doing, that is why they are the best, the feeder programs.

You're completely right about a good middle school program being key to getting and staying on top. School size does matter somewhat though when trying to discover kids with raw natural talent, any statistician will say that, but a good middle school program goes a heck of a long way in nurturing the guys along that would have otherwise been average.

I get what you're saying, but when they have middle schools that are just as big as everyone elses(not high school) it means they have just as big/bigger selection of wrestling talent to choose from while they are young and train them so they are good when they are older.

You guys don't understand what I mean by Woodford working the hardest in the state. I don't think we are the best conditioned team in the state, but if you look at the time spent over the summer wrestling and working on technique then I would say Woodford does work the hardest. Coach Carr told me about the 1980's and how he coached. Those teams were in great condition. If you look at the history though we didn't win any in the 80's. Just because you can run 3.1 miles in 17 minutes doesn't mean you are the hardest worker, that means you have the most endurance. The team that works the hardest does what it takes when it is needed to win come February. Based on this Woodford obviously works the hardest in the state. Another thing Coach Carr has always told us is to have a method to your madness. You can work for hours and hours on your technique, but if you aren't strong enough to execute it then it's all in vain, and vice versa.