Sign in to follow this  
moosenuckle

central tourn.

Needs to be ran way better then what they did this year,there WAS NO REASON we shouldve been there from 8:00 thats when weigh ins started alll the way to nearly 5:00 with still not all the mats ,not being used.

I appreciate Sambo Joe bringing his sport and his students to louisville to compete with us knowing that it would be an overly tough match up for any of his guys being that alot of the wrestlers who showed up were DECENT IN GRECO ROMAN

BUT

he spent way too long talking about nothing I hate to say up there in the meeting with everybody,its like this if your bold enough or brave maybe to try a sport the first day without knowing anything about it,you have to expect that it may not turn out the best for you

ON THE OTHER HAND,anyone can teach or show you anything the night before or the day of,WILL A KID REMEMBER IT......high percentage says no!!!

It was great to see such a large interest in the Greco and Freestyle matches,when folkstyle came around thats when the slacking truely began....

There were times when the table would stop working regardless of what they were doing,they stopped and took pauses while 3 mats  werent being used with table runners AND REFS were there

There were mistakes being made who was doing what styles on paper so you could be called up to a freestyle match when you have never even done it before.....get beat really fast teaching you nothing!

then you may of signed up for folk and they didnt even write you down,you had been sitting there for 7hours straight and now they are givin g the run around about you not wrestling

as well as they did when it was time to pick up medals

EXHIBITIONS

are matches that shouldnt be an obligation till matches that were paid for at registration were set or atleast done,everytime we looked up someone was challenging another kid and walking to the table and then they were allowed to wrestle right away,in all fairness im for that,that is what you call someone who came to work that day,if you can walk up bravely and be like hey man can we wrestle to learn alittle bit about yourself,regardless of weight,status or whatever,its comending in my book,but it shouldnt be a priority till the end of the tournament or somewhat in the middle

had they stuck to the original plan they called out this mat folk,that one freestyle,greco and all sambo will be here,it probably wouldnt of been such a big inconvience to come to that day

Thank You Coach Founder and Central for hosting this tournament and taking the time out of your day to do this,but whoever was runnign the tables over there was VERY UNORGANIZED....

as worst as "someones dad telling someone else's son,he wanted him to wrestle his son

lol a time and place for this and that situation didnt turn out good AT all!!!

This drives me nuts! 

People in this state whine because our state's wrestler's are not recognized enough and because we don't have enough wrestling tournaments and because enough teams haven't picked up the sport, then they whine about driving a lowly 90 minutes to get to a tournament and wait on wrestling. 

The wrestlers in other states haven't become good because they sit at home on a Saturday or only go to the meets that are close.  They hit all the wrestling events they can and wait all they need to in order to get that one extra match that may put them over the top.  My kids are 4 & 6 years old and we have travelled (on multiple occasions) over 3 hours to end up with just an exhibition match.  Heck, we hit a tournament in Florida while on vacation.  So, quit whining and find a way!  Help out to make things better, set up your own local tournament / club / whatever your area needs, and be supportive, not a whiner. 

Heck, I thought whining wasn't allowed in wrestling!

This drives me nuts! 

People in this state whine because our state's wrestler's are not recognized enough and because we don't have enough wrestling tournaments and because enough teams haven't picked up the sport, then they whine about driving a lowly 90 minutes to get to a tournament and wait on wrestling. 

The wrestlers in other states haven't become good because they sit at home on a Saturday or only go to the meets that are close.  They hit all the wrestling events they can and wait all they need to in order to get that one extra match that may put them over the top.  My kids are 4 & 6 years old and we have travelled (on multiple occasions) over 3 hours to end up with just an exhibition match.  Heck, we hit a tournament in Florida while on vacation.  So, quit whining and find a way!  Help out to make things better, set up your own local tournament / club / whatever your area needs, and be supportive, not a whiner. 

Heck, I thought whining wasn't allowed in wrestling!

That is not whining.  We appreciate Central hosting the event and getting some wrestling in.  However, we drove closer to four hours one way to wrestle and yes we were also a little upset about having to wait until 5 for a couple of our boys to wrestle.  Several times we had to go ask why one of the boys hadn't had a match yet...The head table skipped over matches and let mats go empty for long stretches.  They had five mats but only ran three or sometimes four at a time.  They tried to go sequentially by weight class, but had some weights with 7 or 8 wrestlers which should have gone first to get through them quicker.  By later afternoon many people had left which gave our kids only one or two matches.  We appreciated the opportunity to get to wrestle but it could have run smoother. 

We were expecting a clinic on how to do freestyle and only got rules.  Sambo was explained and demonstrated pretty well, but we were wanting to see freestyle to get another dimension in wrestling.  You can only get so much from DVDs.

Sign in to follow this