Sign in to follow this  
BALL-N-CHAIN

The Ball-n-Chain

very good control move if you get a chance was definitely a staple in my bag of tricks but again im old school but if people dont see it very often it is a good move to learn and us on occasion

We have 3 guys that try to hit at Fort Campbell- David Sahms, Daniel Torres, and I

We didnt really have a coach and having Tre Such in charge of practices means next to no technique training so none of our newer wrestler know it.

It is a decent move if you get it but it isnt the first thing I look for

Love this move. I use it and am able to get it all the time. There's so many options off of this it's ridiculous. Try this, When you have the ball and chain, reach over his back and hook his other arm and pull up for a tilt. A lot of guys will then post their arm closest to you to keep from being tilted. This gives you the perfect opportunity to sink in a deep half and put them straight to their back.

Try this, while they defend against you hooking that far arm for a tilt, put in a quick leg cradle.  Quite easy to get off the ball-n-chain.

This is my son's favorite move.  Tons of pinning combinations you can run from here and you can always rack up the points with the tilt.  He uses it so much and his opponents know its coming and it still seems to be very affective.  Robles from Arizona State uses it like crazy too and once he gets it in he racks up the points quickly.