Sign in to follow this  
ridge44

age?

what is the earliest age you can start someone at wrestling at and wat place canyou send then to help them learn the technique and everything

ok kool cause i want to get my lil brother in to wrestling really ealry, when will i kno about river city cause im gonna tell my dad, like were can i found out at?

ummm no river city is crap no offense.......fern creek is where its at

That's a pretty harsh statement to make LouFan09! Maybe your being bias like that because you used to wrestle for Fern Creek! To have no offense River City did a pretty good job producing State Champs at the Elementary & Middle School level this past season! And, two of their wrestlers were on the Kentucky National Team on top of the River City Coach being selected to help coach the team! You don't have to bash another program just because it's not who you wrestled for when someone might have something positive to say about that program!

I'm from up north, both groups have excellent coaches. My suggestion is to check both out  to see which fit your parents schedule and location best.

You can start you kids in freestyle as early as you desire.  Of course, if you hit Indiana tournaments, your child needs to be (this year) born at latest in 2004.  My boys started wrestling around and getting exhibition matches when they started walking.  They just have fun with it though. Nothing to really burn them out of the sport.  Now they are 4 & 6 and they love wrestling on the weekends.  My oldest asked me if we could start practicing everyday (Monday through Friday) instead of 3 days per week.  I had to tell him that I can't practice with him that much.  The hard part is finding other kids their size to practice with.  Fern Creek did well by me during youth folkstyle season.