gatorade12

This topic has gotten off subject. It doesn't matter what school you come from because everybody conditions, its the individual that conditions himself. A coach can tell you to run but only the athlete will push himself to the limit, only the athlete can make the decision to do the extra conditioning. The coaches from the school that have been mentioned are all great coaches who pass on a great deal of knowledge and all of them deserve a lot of respect because I can promise you that they aren't doing it for the money. Back to the subject I think Sullivan in a beast at 103 not because of conditioning, technique, or strength. Sullivan has something that a coach can't give you and that is attitude (not to be confused with cockiness). He wrestles with a tough attitude and has a good mindset for wrestling, he never seems nervous, he is always calm in every situation, and he knows he can throw anybody at any given time. The state tournament is full of drama and upsets so anything can happen but I do believe that sullivan has the potential to be one of KY's best ever 103's if he keeps going the way he has been. Also watch out for whitley county's 103, I saw him wrestle at regionals and he looked tough against Sullivan until he got caught like some many others have against Wayne Co. wrestlers.

LIKE I SAID, any person can win Grandma.

I will see ya there. Last post for me until Sunday.

To ALL, Good Luck and enjoy!

I will!

Go SK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one here ever said Wofo is in better shape, or more techincal than the rest of the state. The thread was originally about 103 pounders. Grandma said that sullivan will waltz thru state and parks winning was "laughable". I disagreed and said Parks will win in a close match....that's it....nuff said.

Everytime anyone from woodford says something positive about a WC wrestler or the team we get malayed w/ comments of "homerism". ITS BULL. I know Sullivan is a pure stud..I know Larue is awesome this yr. (and in the past). I admit these things constantly why is it that if I or Woodford99 or allamerican157 say one thing its automatic favortism???

Some (not all) people on here need to chill out a little and quit HATING on WC just b/c they win alot or you think some of them are cocky or prideful. That stuff goes on w/ every team (I know b/c I wasn't only a WC wrestler). If we can put all that nonsense aside this can be a very informational and productive discussion board.

Kygrappler

a lot of WOFO MOFO's keep bringing up how much more technical & in shape their guys are.....you know the rest of the state is in awe of you guys' date=' and you know we all cower in your greatness....but give us all some respect....we all condition....and i haven't seen any technique from woodford wrestlers that's sooooo much better than the rest of the state. i'd have to say Ryle has the best & most technical coaching staff in the state.

having said all that....Sullivan is a machine. what's his record? last i heard, he was like 46-0 this year with 45 pins. the 1 match he didn't pin was a tech fall that a kid fought off his back and he wasn't able to finish the pin...Wayne County wrestles all over the place, so it's not like he hasn't faced good competition. if he walks through state like i think he will...i hope everyone gives him his props and says "there goes the best 103 lber this state has ever seen"[/quote']

the 103 voth only lost by 2 to sullivan...and im pretty sure carr only lost to him by 4...hes not unstoppable by any means

I think it's time to give Sullivan a little respect. He won state two years in a row

9th- 66-0

10th 56-0

I asked him at state. I also know Sullivan made it throught state without throwing anyone

thankfully the purple camel girl, aka "the great stalling camel" was a senior. seriously, sorry to pick on an individual....but she should have been stalled out of the state tournament in a few of her matches...honestly, she shouldn't have made it to state....at regionals she stalled for 6 minutes to reach the consolation semis. i've never seen a wrestler take steps back NON-STOP and get nothing called. not to mention her cross-faces were cocked back about as far as she could twist her body.

thankfully the purple camel girl' date=' aka "the great stalling camel" was a senior. seriously, sorry to pick on an individual....but she should have been stalled out of the state tournament in a few of her matches...honestly, she shouldn't have made it to state....at regionals she stalled for 6 minutes to reach the consolation semis. i've never seen a wrestler take steps back NON-STOP and get nothing called. not to mention her cross-faces were cocked back about as far as she could twist her body.[/quote']

Pioneer;

I knew I could count on you to bring this up. The same thing was bothering me the last two weeks. Boy, she throws her crossfaces from left field past second and lands them home. I also believe that she needed a backup peep during her matches. The part that bothers me most about this is that she has/had a great shot when she used it.

Thanks again pioneer for bringing this up.

are you saying I like to start trouble? lol

no problem...i'll take the tons of hate PM's i'll get for calling a spade a spade. in all fairness, you're right, she's a good wrestler when she works hard...i just think if refs are too afraid to call stalling or penalty points on her, it let's her wrestle her match and puts other wrestlers at a huge disadvantage. TJ Bates from Conner put it on her during the regular season...then at state she backed up the entire match and he was unable to attack her legs. it completely changed the match.