gatorade12

I dont think spencer would have given Sullivan a run anyways. Spencer had a 10 point match against Bowling of Mccreary and Bowling had him on his back for a while. Sullivan would have beat Spencer just as bad if not worse then Vinsant.

I also agree that Sullivan is just to strong for Parks.

I have not gotten to see Carr or Voth wrestle but it should be good.

i think the parks sullivan match will be a lot closer than everyone seems to think, yes sullivan is very strong, but shane is a much better technical wrestler

I dont think spencer would have given Sullivan a run anyways. Spencer had a 10 point match against Bowling of Mccreary and Bowling had him on his back for a while. Sullivan would have beat Spencer just as bad if not worse then Vinsant.

I also agree that Sullivan is just to strong for Parks.

I have not gotten to see Carr or Voth wrestle but it should be good.

evans of whitely didnt fair to bad against sullivan, and spencer KILLED evans.

Parks will win in OT in the quarters, win in OT in the semis and win in OT in the finals (Just like Tyler Baldwin did a few yrs. back) The kid wrestled an eternity in just a weekend.

Lets Go SHANE!!!!

Parks will win in OT in the quarters' date=' win in OT in the semis and win in OT in the finals (Just like Tyler Baldwin did a few yrs. back) The kid wrestled an eternity in just a weekend.

Lets Go SHANE!!!![/quote']

That made me laugh

Go SULLIVAN.

Parks is indeed a fine wrestler and will finish top six in the state. Sullivan won't be challenged. I have seen this young man wrestle many times in his career and even had wrestles face him. For some odd reason he has received this label of just a thrower. I do believe that last year he didn't throw anyone in the state tournament but outwrestled everyone. He is a technically sound wrestler, one of the better ones in the state who has worked hard in the weight room and gotten to a point of being stronger than anyone else as well and this just adds up to no one touching him in any match.

Travis, after you pin Parks (nothing against Parks, Sullivan is just that much better) come look me up so I can congratulate you!!!

Parks is indeed a fine wrestler and will finish top six in the state. Sullivan won't be challenged. I have seen this young man wrestle many times in his career and even had wrestles face him. For some odd reason he has received this label of just a thrower. I do believe that last year he didn't throw anyone in the state tournament but outwrestled everyone. He is a technically sound wrestler' date=' one of the better ones in the state who has worked hard in the weight room and gotten to a point of being stronger than anyone else as well and this just adds up to no one touching him in any match.

Travis, after you pin Parks (nothing against Parks, Sullivan is just that much better) come look me up so I can congratulate you!!![/quote']

Actually if i recall correctly sullivan threw carr in the finals and stuck him, if parks can avoid being thrown he will come out on top parks is much more techinical and i gaurentee is in better shape if there is anyone out there that can give sullivan a run for his money it is parks

granny,

lets let the wrestlers settle it...Parks fought all yr. for this weekend and if you want to laugh at him...fine but you won't be the last one laughing.

LETS GO WOFO CO. add another one to the wall.

Has Larue ever won???? (serious question)

1. I am not really a "granny."

2. I'm not from Larue County, either.

3. I don't have anything at all against Woodford, I picked Lewis to win 112, Courtney at 145, Starks at 171, Starks at 189...

JUST NOT PARKS AT 103, AND A GOOD MAJORITY AGREES WITH ME.

P.S. Every wrestler who qualified for state "fought all yr for this weekend" ...that's illegitimate and doesn't mean Parks is beating Sullivan... I'm positive Parks will medal but he's no champ.

First, Granny, that memory is as sharp as a whipper snapper (kidding)! Second, I think this is not about any school, this is about kids being kids and having a great time in their life, for some, the most memorable. I thought Wo Co peoples' were just gonna wrestle and stop talking, I liked that. Larue is too tough to count out, Wayne? There are going to be some upsets along the way that some unattentive people will be surprised by. I say that because many people set their minds on certain people and never looked back, when you have time to look back,,,,,,,,, look back, once you are there it is too late to look back. I say that meaning there are some kids that have progressed, without fanfair, those are the kids to watch, if you took the blinders off! Let's all have fun and see ya there. I am not the fat guy! I am the happy guy!

Go SK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lot of WOFO MOFO's keep bringing up how much more technical & in shape their guys are.....you know the rest of the state is in awe of you guys, and you know we all cower in your greatness....but give us all some respect....we all condition....and i haven't seen any technique from woodford wrestlers that's sooooo much better than the rest of the state. i'd have to say Ryle has the best & most technical coaching staff in the state.

having said all that....Sullivan is a machine. what's his record? last i heard, he was like 46-0 this year with 45 pins. the 1 match he didn't pin was a tech fall that a kid fought off his back and he wasn't able to finish the pin...Wayne County wrestles all over the place, so it's not like he hasn't faced good competition. if he walks through state like i think he will...i hope everyone gives him his props and says "there goes the best 103 lber this state has ever seen"

a lot of WOFO MOFO's keep bringing up how much more technical & in shape their guys are.....you know the rest of the state is in awe of you guys' date=' and you know we all cower in your greatness....but give us all some respect....we all condition....and i haven't seen any technique from woodford wrestlers that's sooooo much better than the rest of the state. i'd have to say Ryle has the best & most technical coaching staff in the state.

having said all that....Sullivan is a machine. what's his record? last i heard, he was like 46-0 this year with 45 pins. the 1 match he didn't pin was a tech fall that a kid fought off his back and he wasn't able to finish the pin...Wayne County wrestles all over the place, so it's not like he hasn't faced good competition. if he walks through state like i think he will...i hope everyone gives him his props and says "there goes the best 103 lber this state has ever seen"[/quote']

its not 45 pins i watched voth of pld get min dec by him and im sure there are others

First' date=' Granny, that memory is as sharp as a whipper snapper (kidding)! Second, I think this is not about any school, this is about kids being kids and having a great time in their life, for some, the most memorable. I thought Wo Co peoples' were just gonna wrestle and stop talking, I liked that. Larue is too tough to count out, Wayne? There are going to be some upsets along the way that some unattentive people will be surprised by. I say that because many people set their minds on certain people and never looked back, when you have time to look back,,,,,,,,, look back, once you are there it is too late to look back. I say that meaning there are some kids that have progressed, without fanfair, those are the kids to watch, if you took the blinders off! Let's all have fun and see ya there. I am not the fat guy! I am the happy guy!

Go SK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

You're right, it isn't about schools...but sadly, some people make it that way. I don't care what school anyone comes from, if they're a good wrestler they're a good wrestler...

By the way, I'm 18... definitely not a grandma, it's just a nickname I was given about 4 years ago.. I know, I know, what kind of person am I with the nickname grandma lol

Pioneer pride,

You can't be serious with that post about Ryle having the best and most technical coaching staff in the state can you? That's ridiculous, I'm not trying to start a war on here but c'mon. Also the conditioning has only been mentioned a couple of times on this site, with Richard Starks and now Shane Parks with regards to Sullivan. We all know Richard Starks is in great shape, I don't think Shane is in that kind of shape. The only reason it is getting mentioned here with Shane is because he's being compared to Sullivan. Historically people who pin everyone quickly can't wrestle well late in matches because they usually don't last that long.

Pioneer pride' date='

You can't be serious with that post about Ryle having the best and most technical coaching staff in the state can you? That's ridiculous, I'm not trying to start a war on here but c'mon. Also the conditioning has only been mentioned a couple of times on this site, with Richard Starks and now Shane Parks with regards to Sullivan. We all know Richard Starks is in great shape, I don't think Shane is in that kind of shape. The only reason it is getting mentioned here with Shane is because he's being compared to Sullivan. Historically people who pin everyone quickly can't wrestle well late in matches because they usually don't last that long.[/quote']

thank you very much hince why i said if shane can avoid being thrown by sullivan and force a 2-3 pt match late i think he will pull it off

i think little parks will pull it off, just like his older brother did too win state against the #1 ranked wrestler two years ago! Go Wofo! bring it back to the true state champions town!

AllAmericn157 - I'm totally serious with that statement. Dave Barnes & Rick Barker...you probably don't know who Rick Barker is, but he's probably one of the most technical wrestlers ever from this state. Right up there with yes, Joe Carr Jr. I don't expect you to believe me on that, you'd have to be around Rick to believe me. He's the $hit though. We're all entitled to our opinions, but I just really feel they have the best coaching staff in the state. The only thing that school is lacking is tradition. Woodford has it, once the Ryle kids see what a great program they have I look for them to start dominating.