Sign in to follow this  
Coach Trivette

Looking for KY High Tournament for 09-10 season

Coaches,

I am looking for a wrestling tournament in KY for my high school varsity team to attend.  We are a small AA team in located in Marion, VA.  We compete in the same region as Christainsburg and Grundy.  We have a proud history of wrestling at our school and we like to travel to several out of state events during the season.  We have never wrestled in KY, but have wrestled some schools from your state, Letcher Central being the last one. 

I have all my team with 8 seniors returning and while we are not the best of the best...we are competitive.  If you have a tournament either individual or dual team with openings please let me know. 

Coach Hunter Trivette

Head Varsity Coach

Marion Wrestling, Marion VA

email:huntertrivette@scsb.org

i know that the woodford county invitational normally invites a few out of state teams, and this is a very competitive tournament in kentucky. maybe you could try and contact coach jo carr for information.

Woodford County Invitational is your best bet if your looking for the competition. although last year was a bit of a slum (23 to our usual 30 teams that come). but next year should be better, last year we had Franklin High from Ohio, and a Tenn team. and the year before we had Westland that actually won the tourny and they were from ohio. yea if you want to contact someone it would either be Coach David Graves or Coach Joe Carr sr. i can get you email and tele #s if you are interested.

five star classic always brings in out of state teams and actually the 3 tournaments listed WCI,raider rumble, and the five star classic are about the most competetive tournaments in the state along with the dragon and the actual state tournament. five star is a dual tournament that turns into an individdual tournament at the end contact coach chris mccoy on here for more info

Depending on how far into Kentucky you would want to travel, I'd try the Dragon Invitational at South Oldham H.S.  Very competitive individual tournament.  If you're looking for dual tournaments, probably the Oldham County Super Duals would be your best bet near Louisville.  I'm sure there are other good ones throughout the state.  Finally, there's the 5 star.  A well run tournament that combines duals and individual.