Sign in to follow this  
NKYWrestler

2009 COUGAR OPEN - MARCH 14TH

anyone going?

Five or six wrestlers from the Eastern h.s. and m.s. team are going -- maybe more. These tournaments are one of the things that make the difference come February. They're also an opportunity to take "safe" risks. You can try a new move, and if it doesn't work right, well, you haven't really lost anything. C'mon guys -- you'll be glad you did next season.

i might go but i doubt it

who are you.

i am trying to go, i just dont know if its worth it. does anyone know if there is good competition that will be there and what is the tournament that you qualify for?

who are you.

i am trying to go, i just dont know if its worth it. does anyone know if there is good competition that will be there and what is the tournament that you qualify for?

Tournament of chapions is the tourny u qualify 4

who are you.

im Robert Robey Central Hardin

With the economy the way it is, it is hard to afford a USA and AAU wrestling card.  Since there is much more tournaments available with USA wrestling, I am not sure this tournament is worth it.  Should they allow you to wrestle with your USA wrestling card, then I may attend with my boys.

With the economy the way it is, it is hard to afford a USA and AAU wrestling card.  Since there is much more tournaments available with USA wrestling, I am not sure this tournament is worth it.  Should they allow you to wrestle with your USA wrestling card, then I may attend with my boys.

is the AAU different from the USA?

Yes.

AAU was the big freestyle group back in the 70s and early 80s.  However, USA then took over by being more formal and offering better insurance.  USA has basically taken over all the Freestyle and Greco Roman events (including Cadet and Junior Nationals in Fargo, ND).  However, AAU has (as of late) begun a comeback in modified high school or Folkstyle events -targetting middle school associations. 

Although I like Folkstyle wrestling, I would like my kids to grow up with all three styles and be able to move from one to the next to the next without thinking twice.  In this way, they would not have a problem with doing very well in College wrestling as well as looking into the Olympics.

I just received the word, you can participate in this tournament with a USA card only.  However, to move on to the "Tournament of Champions" in which this is a qualifier, you will need to obtain an AAU card.

who are you.

Well I assume since the top 2 teams in Kentucky are local to the area(host school even)  there will be tough competion there, not to mention the kids from CYW, who are no slouches either. My son will be there.

In past years, Woodford has had wrestlers there, as well as some N. KY boys. Eastern is bringing half the line-up, including J.D. if somebody wants to take a crack at him.

jd is a punk and ne ways ive been goin  this one 4 ever forget it...no body ever shows up and plus it is put n terribly and dot forget that evertime i go i ge ring worm so my advice n this one is no go

In English please?

And you must be some jealous kid who prolly didn't even make it to state. He's a Two timer.

kilerk,

I am surprised you even make it too the mat with the grades you must get from the wonderful spelling skills you have!

..... sounds like you left with a spanking and have sour memories!

I just received the word, you can participate in this tournament with a USA card only.  However, to move on to the "Tournament of Champions" in which this is a qualifier, you will need to obtain an AAU card.

Wrestlers,

I am all for wrestling anywhere we can, but you are not covered at an AAU tournament with a USA Wrestling Card. it is two different entities. USA Wrestling Corporate Office said that due to Insurance issues AAU tournaments are not Sanctioned USA Wrestling Tournaments. I would recommend buying the AAU card.

In past years, Woodford has had wrestlers there, as well as some N. KY boys. Eastern is bringing half the line-up, including J.D. if somebody wants to take a crack at him.

what weight will he be at?

Wrestlers,

I am all for wrestling anywhere we can, but you are not covered at an AAU tournament with a USA Wrestling Card. it is two different entities. USA Wrestling Corporate Office said that due to Insurance issues AAU tournaments are not Sanctioned USA Wrestling Tournaments. I would recommend buying the AAU card.

so wehere do i get an AAU card and how much will it cost?

AAU cards are $14.00.

We Conner youth and middle have attended 2 AAU events so far this year in Ohio and will also travel to Tof C which will host an event at Columbus in the Convention Center with 25+ mats and 4000 wrestlers..........

AAU tourneys happen all summer in Ohio,Indiania

If you plan on wrestling thru the summer you will get plenty of use out of them.