Stick Man

Jitters and Butterflies

Every one that wrestles always does their best to get prepared for regions, but you can't help but be nervous the week before the big show, I don't know anyone who doesn't.

you know i use to get really really nervous before matches, but like no joke it helps a whole lot to just breathe. constant steady deeeeeeep breaths. idk what it does, but it does somthing for me.

Being nervous is all part of the game baby! Its what makes everything seem so much more intense! Im pumped for regionals, but yes i do agree the week before your training getting yourself mentally and physically prepared so gentelmen let the GAMES BEGIN! lol In my opinion this is when the season starts! this is wear dreams are made and broken so lets see what happens!

I just turn my ipod all the way up so that i cant hear anything. When I'm getting ready I listen to "My Generation" by Limp Bizkit. 8-)

yeah same for me except im more of a linkin park guy  :-D

i cant help but get nervous before a match but when i wrestle i seem "relaxed" when i wrestle as everone says

yea i jus talk to my dad, he always calms me down, i get nervous before i wrestle even if i beat the kid already, i guess since im a 1st year wrestler it happens, but sometimes i get nervous and talk myself out of the match so i go in there thinking im gonna lose when i kno i can win

Being nervous is always apart of wrestling. Especially when you first start out. I'd rather be nervous than calm anyday though. When you are nervous your more alert and your fast twitch fibers are kicking. When your layed back and calm your reaction time slows down. I'm usually a little nervous or angry before a match because every single match has a meaning and purpose to acheiving a goal. Something I find crazy that I love about wrestling though is whenever your out there on the mat everything stops and the only thing that matters is beating your opponent. When your out there wrestling all of your injurys that ache the week of are suddenly no existant during the match. Those jitters and butterflies you had before the match are thrown out of the window as soon as the whistle blows and your beast mode kicks in. This is a big part to why I love this sport.