01statechamp130

State Tournament Format

What format do you prefer?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What format do you prefer?

• 16 man bracket
    • 32 man bracket

I was wondering what some of your thoughts were on the format for the state tournament?  I personally really enjoyed the 16 man tournament with Districts and Regionals but I understand where there are some decent wrestlers that get left out.

To me it used to mean something to just make it to state and I think the 32 man takes a way from that a little.

I really enjoy the 32 man format.  It is great to give more of the kids the excitement of the "big show" and at this stage of KY wrestling, does more to advance the sport.  I was fortunate to enjoy 4 years in a row and it is killing me that I won't be involved this year.

i used to feel the same but i enjoy the extra 2 days off work.

I'm with you on this, possumdaddy. We always have a mini vacation around the tournament, stay in a hotel and just enjoy the spectacle. Of course we root for our own team, and we also enjoy seeing other wrestlers from around the state. Yes, it would be more competitive in a 16-man set-up, but it's so great for all the kids who make it to state. Eventually, the best wrestler wins. Sometimes surprises occur, too, which really make the event a treat.