Sign in to follow this  
BALL-N-CHAIN

Leg Riders

A buddy sent me this it's kinda cool. Don't know where it came from.

I have been thinkin it is about time da rat give a little instruction on how to defend da legs. Dis is to save da shoulders of some of da less fortunate grapplers who don't have allot of coaching.

1) If da guy is a octopus on top don't take da bottom postion. Dis one is a no brainer. / play da takedown game if you are better on your feet

2) If he put you down like allot of guys tough on da top you better hit a move of da whistle. If your first move is da brace on all fours your in for a long to minutes. I have seen on some wraslin video site where a stand-up id down where da bottom guy shoots forward and away from da top man and hits a stand-up. Dis would work well/ maybe someone can locate da video

3) You can do a few things to help your cause

a) da key is not letting da top guy control your hips

B) Anticapate da leg going in and catch it and elevate

c) if he has both hooks in get to your but and try to seperate da hips / watch out for da cross face

d) one common way da legs get put in off da spiral rid. if he gets your hip down on da near side you start to bring da oppisite side leg is when he is looking tomthrow da hook in / catch it if you can elevate and turn

e) if you are in da crab get your hips higher dan da otter man/ you might be able to catch his head / maldonados boys do this

on dis videos is some good information http://www.championshipproductions.com/cgi-bin/champ/p/Wrestling/Mark-Ironside-Defending-Against-Leg-Riders_WRD-02566.html?id=Xa6FQn6d

help me out coaches !! Lets give the less fortunate a hand it almost x-mass

Is it the slang that throws you for a loop when you read it

sorta just makes it sound like the person typing isnt all that intelligent at times, but that is counteracted by the legitimate information

360 kick out.... he will be on his back if done right.  I hated leg wrestlers and acctualy tried to hurt them if they tried to slow me down by riding me.  360 role out baby!!!!!!

360 kick out.... he will be on his back if done right.   I hated leg wrestlers and acctualy tried to hurt them if they tried to slow me down by riding me.   360 role out baby!!!!!!

A good leg guy isn't gonna "ride" you.  And a roll isn't going to do anything to get a leach off of you except maybe get you cranked good and hard.

It is nice to know, however that sportsmanship is still dead, "I hated leg wrestlers and acctualy tried to hurt them".  What a stupid thing to say.

I aint dancing with you when we lock up dude,  i'm out to leave Bruises.  And I really dont care what a good leg wrestler is out to do, because he wont have much time to think about it with me or any well trained wrestler..  Hey go ask Matt Lee how well his superior leg moves worked on Hank Pinner...

Mulekicking from the base if he tries to put legs in there helps.

If he goes for the oldschool crossbody, grabbing backwards at the hip and slinging him forward helps.

If he gets in a single leg, you can "swing the gate" with your whole body and come out the open side and into a leg of your own. The crossface into a picture frame on the head will probably be waiting, so you will have to tuck your head and fight through the crossface attempt.  The waist hook is also a good set up for swinging the gate if he climbs back up on top and vice versa if he rides through the "gate" attempt.

If someone tries to initiate a grapevine off of the leg hook for the 3/4, it could be a long day for the bottom man.  When the leg hook happens, start moving your body backwards until you can post the hooked leg with the sole of the shoe on the mat.  From there, push to your feet.  The top guy should be found totally out of position and not sure what to do.  If he is aware of what is going on, it's likely he will can the leg hooking altogether

well idk about other leg riders but if i EVER get them in you aint hurting me i promise you u will be on your back and in in pain not to hurt you just to cause physical discomfort to let you know im about to win so you can 360 roll all you want i will win if i have legs in

That's good Mr.armbar but whats that got to do with helping the less fortunate grappler?

I was thinking this might help some of the new young men on there way up.

As for you keep hookin them less.

nothing at all i was making a point

another thing to stop legs is to become a good leg rider your self

thats the biggest thing if you know how to put them in then you know how to stop them. the most effective move i have seen and used is the "block and catch"

1.off the whistle you block you hip off with your elbow of the arm closest to the top man.

2. catch the tight waist wrist

this stops all attemps at legs tillhe gets his arms free. there are many satnd ups and sit outs from that. if he is a novice leg rider he will try and throw them in usually on the tight wasit side (same side you have wrist control) so when you see this coming in let the wrist go and catch the leg. from here you should know what to do. either push the legs away and try to split them legs then duck under, or sit and scoot away till you can hip heist over for your reversal.

ok like i said the best leg defense is to not let them in plain and simple use this black and catch and you will stop leg riders. ( well intermediate leg riders)

does that make you happy ball and chain